Quantcast

trying to decide on a new bike / frame

-Devil-

Chimp
Jun 27, 2008
West Monroe, LA
Okay, i am still enjoying my Soul Cycles 29er that i built up a while back ... but now i am also considering a dedicated SS 29er ... here comes my problem ... limited experience with the other choices out there ...

these are the ones i am considering

Misfitpsycles diSSent 29er
Soul Cycles Dillinger 29er (another one of em)
Kona Unit (complete bike)

or finding a place online to order a redline or haro ...

just looking for some input on how my other choices may compare to the Soul Cycles that i already have ...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Okay, i am still enjoying my Soul Cycles 29er that i built up a while back ... but now i am also considering a dedicated SS 29er ... here comes my problem ... limited experience with the other choices out there ...

these are the ones i am considering

Misfitpsycles diSSent 29er
Soul Cycles Dillinger 29er (another one of em)
Kona Unit (complete bike)

or finding a place online to order a redline or haro ...

just looking for some input on how my other choices may compare to the Soul Cycles that i already have ...
What's your budget?

BTW - there are some really good closeout deals from Soul Cycles right now if you want another Dillinger. But the Dillinger can already be run geared or SS - so why get two of the same when one of them can do both jobs.

My vote would be for you to look at something in steel to compare against the AL Dillinger.

-Devil-

Chimp
Jun 27, 2008
West Monroe, LA
i would like to keep it around 1,300$ for the whole bike ....

yeah i am seriously considering one of the closeout frames from Soul Cycles ...

i need a small frame (15" or 16")

the Kona Unit matches the dimensions of the Dillinger pretty closely .. and is a steel frame ... but the local bike shop would have to order one in for me to actually try it out ... (it is around 900$ for the complete bike with mech disc brakes)

http://www.konaworld.com/09_unit_u.cfm

and can be done as geared or SS as well with sliding rear dropouts

-Devil-

Chimp
Jun 27, 2008
West Monroe, LA
hmmm decent price for one of those ... not sure about if a carbon fork would be strong enough for my weight though ... never seen one in person before.

-Devil-

Chimp
Jun 27, 2008
West Monroe, LA
ended up ordering this ...

Your Order Contains the Following Items:

* 1 x Misfit Psycles Singlespeed COD Cog
(Cog Size: 18)
* 1 x diSSent Singlespeed 29er Frame
(Color: Black, Size: Small 15")
* 1 x FUgly Riser Stem
(Length: 100, Finish: Black)