Quantcast

TT Predictions

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Well the field is going to change tomorrow.

I'm going to take a shot a predicting what will happen in the overall after tomorrow.

YELLOW: Klöden
2. Contador
3. Levi
4. Cadel
5. Valverde

I am almost positive that Klöden will rock into 1st, the next 4 places are totally interchangable. Levi is riding into shape so I expect a good TT from him. Contador can TT pretty well so I dont expect him to lose any time. I'd love to see Vino have the TT of his life and move back into the top 6.

The day after this TT the TDF is going to rule stage 14, 15, & 16 look painfull as hell, and then one more TT on stage 19.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
with all the secret training Rasmussen has been doing, maybe he's been working on his TT? How cool would that be if he finished in the top 10 and kept the yellow?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I think he's gonna be killed in the TT's. I bet he tries something on the uphill finish the day after the TT and the day after the rest day. I think klöden has it in the bag though with all the mtns and the TTs that are left. I see Contador as his biggest threat, Levi if he rides into condition, and Evans too, I dont know... it's still open, I love it :)

With lance around it was already decided by now.

BTW I'd love nothing more than to see Rassmussen in yellow in paris, it just aint gonna happen.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I think he's gonna be killed in the TT's. I bet he tries something on the uphill finish the day after the TT and the day after the rest day. I think klöden has it in the bag though with all the mtns and the TTs that are left. I see Contador as his biggest threat, Levi if he rides into condition, and Evans too, I dont know...
I agree.....Rassmussen going to lose 9-10 minutes over the 2 time trails. But he's climbing like a feather in the mountains so he still has a chance. I'd like to see Valverde take it though. Levi has crumbled too many times in the past and i'm not a fan anymore.

Would be nice to see Cadel Evans ride off a cliff though. :happydance:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I think Cancellara will smoke all in the TT again. As for the overall after the TT, G's list is pretty good. I am not sure Contador will be able to deliver all the way to Paris this year, but he is definitely shaping up to be a major contender.

Levi needs to have a great ride tomorrow, then at least one great day in mountains. Interesting how he keeps talking about riding into shape - maybe he's bluffing or whatever, but dude, now is the time. This tour is his if he can deliver what he is capable of but I don't know...

With 2 TT's and a bunch of rough mountain stages still to go, there would still be plenty of chances for Lance to lose. I agree though, I love the fact that it's so open this year. I can't remember a recent tour with so many tests stacked into the last week. Guess I'll be late to work again next week!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Great TT. I'm happy for both Vino and Ras. Great day for both of them.

Also, Disco has two riders in the GC top 5!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Is Vino exhausted or are his injuries causing problems. He consulted with a medical car. I heard one of his wounds was a little infected or something.

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
Is Vino exhausted or are his injuries causing problems. He consulted with a medical car. I heard one of his wounds was a little infected or something.
His right knee was septic earlier in the week. Even without that, fending off infection in 60+ stitches has to suck your energy.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
81 191 VINOKOUROV, Alexandre KAZ AST 05:54:38.000 00:28:50.000

Wow, finished 81 today? He's now 34:12 behind. No way he can make that up :(

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Past results are not an indicator of future performance should be the moto of the TT.

I think the next TT poses more of a problem for Chicken, but with him knocking time out of Evans and Kloden again....