Quantcast

TTC dh race may 8th

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Man, I'm excited about this race! We've got brand new trail that is really fun to ride, and we're changing things up a bit for this round!

For the Intermediate and Expert classes, we'll run the upper section of Trail 1, (same as last time), then connect to the Funky Tree Trail after the shuttle road. This gives us the longest run on the small side of the mountain, and it links together jumps, drops, fast and flowy sections, rock gardens, as well as a gnarly technical bolder field! What else could you possibly want?!? :thumb:

The Beginner class will start at the beginning of the Funky Tree Trail, then cut onto the bottom section of Trail 1. That will make for a fun, but challenging run that I think beginners will appreciate. There are some small jumps, rock gardens and drops, but there are go-arounds for anything that might be tricky for ya! :D

Hey Rob, of course you can sign up for more than one class as long as you pay your $30 bucks for each one!! That's how I'm guaranteeing myself a podium spot; I'm throwing in $90 and racing expert, intermediate and beginner!!! :weee: Just kiddin' dude. :rofl:

Like I said, it's gonna be good, and I'm looking forward to it! Expert class has cash payout three deep, so that's fun, and we'll have some pretty good swag for the rest of the winners!

Nothing too serious about our races; no big corporate sponsors or new newfangled equipment like chairlifts! Juts some fun bragging rights races so that you can wear out your buddies!!

Just post up if you've got any questions! Come on out and bring your friends!

Last edited:

LambMan

Chimp
Jul 13, 2009
ATL
Troy,
Thanks for showing us around this past weekend. The new trail on the big hill is sick. Can't wait to get up there for the race. If anyone hasn't ridden here you need to check it out.

BrianHudson

Chimp
Sep 26, 2009
Mobile Alabama
I rode TTC for the first time since last years race last weekend. The trails are realy good now and there is a lot more of them. The shuttle road that you could barely get a 4WD up last year you can now drive right to the top in a 2WD truck. If we support these guys and there race this may become one of if not the best place to ride DH in the south.

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
I rode TTC for the first time since last years race last weekend. The trails are realy good now and there is a lot more of them. The shuttle road that you could barely get a 4WD up last year you can now drive right to the top in a 2WD truck. If we support these guys and there race this may become one of if not the best place to ride DH in the south.
Thanks for the kind words man! Quite a few people have come together and put in a ton of time out there, and we're really seeing the payoff now! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I rode out there yesterday, and drove a 2 wheel drive pickup to the top as well with no problem, except for it's long wheelbase. The trails are GREAT, and could even use a little bit of moisture to knock down the dirt.

We'll just hope for dry weather for the race!

By the way, if this hasn't been made clear yet, if the weather is wet nearing the race, we will cancel it a few days a head of time, (as far ahead as possible), and reschedule. Last year's mud fest was fun, but we'd like to try this out in the dry!

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
and if we do reschedule, it will be the following saturday.and if it is wet then,we will be racing trail#4. it is shorter, but it is a 2wd drive shuttle. or maybe even the big side, it is a paved road.

RapidRob

Chimp
Aug 12, 2009
Bama
I hope we race "wide open", because even after an intense hail & rain storm yesterday it was still ride-able and shuttle-able....not to mention fun as hell. The dirt shuttle rode on the small side almost had its first white cross after i tried to drive down in jeremys Z-71...super sketch when wet :shocked:

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
Mostly Sunny

A few clouds. Highs 21 to 23C and lows 7 to 9C.

A few clouds. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.

hahaha,,, now they are calling for no rain and a high of 74:weee:

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Good to hear, I'll be there, I'm trying to talk to a few of the locals to ride up there with me and give some grassroots love!

How did the trail hold up to all the rain you guys got?

RapidRob

Chimp
Aug 12, 2009
Bama
There were just a few limbs that slapped me in the goggles on the way down...other than that, the trails were mint. Jeremy and i will be there by mid day friday to help ya troy...and do some practice runs of course :D

shakedown

Aug 27, 2007
Atlanta
what time registration ending? might be recovering from :cheers: and want to know how late i can make it out incase the night is rougher then desired.