Quantcast

tubeless install problem.

cubsrtbest99

Chimp
Nov 3, 2009
Westchester, NY
Im mounting a minion 3c dhf onto a set of i9 dh wheels with stans rim strip and stans liquid. When I inflate the tire seats properly but the area around the valve leaks air so the tire wont stay inflated. Did I do something wrong or is it just a bad valve/strip.

d.tate

Judge Dread
May 22, 2007
It could be a bad valve/strip. It could also be air finding its way through another leak and escaping from the nearest open area on the rim which is the valve hole. I had the same issues just this week with a Holy Roller UST tire. I added a little more Stan's through the valve and kept rotating and moving the stan's around and pumping the tire up until eventually the tired sealed and no air is leaking now. Obviously if it is a bad valve then this won't work. Good luck.

flyboy

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Make sure you have the valve, gasket, and washer set up correct. if you do, make sure the stans gets in the right area like d.tate suggested.

v-10dh

Chimp
Mar 15, 2009
Did you enlarge the valve stem hole in the rim so that the rim strip can sit flush in the rim bed? I forget what size bit it is but Stans recommends slightly enlarging the inner hole of the rim. Hope this helps

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Did you enlarge the valve stem hole in the rim so that the rim strip can sit flush in the rim bed? I forget what size bit it is but Stans recommends slightly enlarging the inner hole of the rim. Hope this helps
THIS! :thumb: