Quantcast

Tubeless tires leaking at bead

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
beast coast rox don't allow for smoother riding-apparently you're ridingh the wrong trails...
Twice a week I ride a trail that has multiple rock gardens on a 5" travel bike with Maxxis Ardents. I purposely take the rougher lines, boost off one rock and skim the tops of the rest.

And I ride Rocky Knob frequently.

I haven't had a flat in years. But, I hadn't found a tick on me either until Westy started posting about them...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, that happens here a lot as well. Never seen a more scared group of sissies.
I'm a sissy at times. I have nothing to prove anymore. I'll just walk what I don't feel comfortable riding. No need to ruin it for everyone else. Seems like most people need to get their participation ribbon.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yeah, it seems that the definition of "fast" has changed in the past few years. Apparently it now means easy.

Why waste time and energy improving ones skills and speed when you can just make the trail "faster" ?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I should've been more clear - I meant really, slothfully slow...like, fat bike slow. Those guys never flat.

But yeah, I get what you're saying. Having said that, rock hovering isn't always an option, sometimes you just end up smashing thru the gnar even if you're last name it Minnaar. For example, when riding the Massanutten track, I'm basically guaranteed a flat at some point, no matter how gingerly I try to negotiate the pointy tombstones (or how much psi I'm running). But hey, if you guys can glide over beast coast roxx at 20+ mph and avoid punctures, then I'm jelly of ya.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Seems like most people need to get their participation ribbon.
Based on the number of tools I see walking around in 'Finisher' shirts from those Spartan/Mudder races I think you're onto something.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Based on the number of tools I see walking around in 'Finisher' shirts from those Spartan/Mudder races I think you're onto something.
I love the ubiquitous facebook picture of someone holding their finishing medal for a 5k run after placing 235 out of 324. I could understand the excitement if you are 70 years old or have one leg.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
just as awesome as the dooshes who put stickers on their car to show how far they've run. wgaf what you did?
How is anyone else going to know how cool you are without stickers on your car?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
We run tubeless here for one main reason and that's goat head thorns. Those lil devils will ruin a ride in a hurry. But not with tubeless!

Jbp I will suggest the issue is with the conti's.