tuesday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:homer:

do i see....

high on fire in greensboro

or

neil young & crazy horse in alpharetta georgia...

how far do i really want to drive today....

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
good morning! plan for today:

home from work soon. have a (small) cup of coffee with mrs. scrub while she is getting ready for her day. walk the DSO. take a little nap. go for a ride in the woods. make some dinner. watch The Return of the King. Extended version (we've re-watched/binged on the prior two the last few nights home)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

I am awake. Waiting for the water cooler area to clear out, so that I can go grab my coffee, without having to converse with anyone.

Does anyone here pay someone to mow their lawn? A random dude stopped by the other day offering his services, which I politely declined but took his card/number down in any event. Its just a dude, his pickup truck and a lawn mower, so I figure its gotta be pretty cheap. Mowing the lawn sucks, so I figure if its the cost of a Five Guys hamburger, it might be worth it?

57 e-mails since I logged off of work last night.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Did some work on the house yesterday with the old man. Work is work, but I can't remember the last time we've spent this much quality time together (over the last few years, mind you).

Today is literally straight meetings from start to finish. :bad:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

WFH day and I think the weather turns today. Supposed to go from 40's and pouring yesterday to 70's and sunny for like a week. That's not normal.

I get about 3 emails a day that aren't auto generated messages from the build server, or defect tracking, or Teams I ignored.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Did some work on the house yesterday with the old man. Work is work, but I can't remember the last time we've spent this much quality time together (over the last few years, mind you).
ok, this is a super valid reason to not be in Colorado hanging out with us :)

/me was traffic today. only to close/normal hospital though. drove because I am tasked with picking up elder kid at elder kids' school downtown 30 minutes after my shift here ends, so not enough time to grab her on the cargo bike. plus wind being all crazy anyway.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
work email count from yesterday: received 12. 3 replies over 2 threads that took < 1 min to fire off in total. all filed away and out of inbox, out of front of brain.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Back pain seemingly resolved. A few lingering hints of it as well as a little reminder in the top of the left thigh, but daily operations are normal, and I managed a light leg workout at the gym last night.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
how's your soon to be ex-boss holding up?
Not great. The team and I have been going through things already without him, so they know what shoes are being filled. They already had an idea, but the scope just got a lot bigger to them. They are going to defer everything not under their responsibility to him, which is probably what's adding to his panic. At this point, I'm just doing stuff so as to prevent my teammates from getting detonated.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not great. The team and I have been going through things already without him, so they know what shoes are being filled. They already had an idea, but the scope just got a lot bigger to them. They are going to defer everything not under their responsibility to him, which is probably what's adding to his panic. At this point, I'm just doing stuff so as to prevent my teammates from getting detonated.
:popcorn: