Quantcast

~~~Tuesday GMT~~~

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all. Snow this morning and you'd think people that live in PA would be used to it but noooooo. Driving at 25 on a damp road cause it's flurrying.

Back after a sorta sick day yesterday. Mt. Drew said I had bronchitis and it is the suck. Buckley's cough syrup did the trick though, but it is like drinking liquid Vapor rub mixed with moose piss.

On that note, have a good day!

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
took you long enough to start the thread as i was up since almost 5 this morning but knew that my individual thread would not be seen so i had to wait for someone else to start it..and this probably still won't be seen but that's okay, as long as i know i'm on the right page.

still waiting on my new commercial a/c boss to make the call as to what and when we start so i may or may not go to wwork today and if i don't then it'll be another grandular day of jogging and riding.

have a goOd dang if not great day my army of dark and twisted Monkeys!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Just paid for a lens bought on ebay.

70-200 2.4 Sigma for 380 euros.

Thus begins my journey into the world of cheap-ass budget photography.

Next up:

Sigma 24-60 2.8 (100ish euros hopefully)
remote flashes (40ish yoyos)
fisheye adapters (30ish yoyos)

I'll let you all know once I get everything what can be done with a cheap budget set-up.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Been awake for nearly three hours now. Sucks. Had some MAJOR foot/ankle pain that woke me up; bad enough to the point I thought I had broken something. Feeling a little better now, though. Weird.

So today is a day off. Gotta run, swim, change oil in the Dodge (that's gonna suck), take dogs to the park, make some hummus, and hopefully fit a nap in there.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Ugh ... been sick for days. That combined with another 2 degree morning leaves me completely uninspired.

New bike is built, and I went for a short ride in balmy double digit temps over the weekend, but I'm not feeling any stoke as this Winter has crushed my spirit like teh Jan would crush all those who would challenge him.

[/self pity]

Have a good day !

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

After a beautifual day yesterday with temps in the mid-60's, I awoke to snow on the ground this morning. Flurries expected this evening as well, but temps hitting 70 by the weekend. It's no wonder everyone stays sick in Februray around here.

Jorb-hunting is starting to get really discouraging. I'll bet I've applied to over 20 places in the last three months, and still coming up goose-eggs. Just gotta keep plugging away at it, I guess.

Y'all have a great day. I wish I had more time to chill, but I hear Colin getting destructive in the kitchen, so I would imagine there's a fantastic mess in there waiting for me to clean up.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Too busy yesterday morning to even cruise through here.

Had a great weekend, Saturday was the third and final party for my daughter's 10th birthday with the wife's family this time. Sunday we had a good ride in temps that are the reason we endure the heat in the summer. Following the ride we dug out a grill, cooked some brauts, had some brews and sodas and just hung out enjoying the weather before heading home to watch the game.

Today, got the bike in the cube, the gear in the truck and ready to hit the TNR tonight.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Morning...

Second day of my "layoff" and it snows! Just a dusting though. Got a good ride in all day yesterday at new super secret location. Back out today to dig, tune and tweak.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Good morning .. playing hooky today due to a dentist appointment.. I was hoping to get a ride in but the weather is just crappy out... so I guess cruisin' the net is on my agenda

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning. I was so busy yesterday I didn't even login! Man, this spring weather we are having is weird. I did nice road ride Saturday, went for a big mtb ride Sunday, riding today, riding tomorrow. Holy crap.

Other news - I'm thinking of getting an Ellsworth Truth. THat is all.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
G'Mornin'

Was supposed to go for a ride with a dude who competes in slopestyle and DH over the weekend, but he bailed. (stupid dependent children...) Instead, I brought my bike back "home" for a little tune 'n tweak. Got the wheels snugged up, shortened my front brake line and discovered a bent derailleur hanger which they yanked back into alignment. Great shop.

Last day of work before New Orleans. Let's get this over with. The bayou awaits.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I've been swamped at work and at home for the past 3 weeks. RM time has been minimal to say the least. I'm shopping for a child bike trailer. ANyone have a Chariot?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. I was so busy yesterday I didn't even login! Man, this spring weather we are having is weird. I did nice road ride Saturday, went for a big mtb ride Sunday, riding today, riding tomorrow. Holy crap.

Other news - I'm thinking of getting an Ellsworth Truth. THat is all.
Why are you thinking of a new bike?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon all. I am dead tired today and I don't know why. I hope I am not getting the sickness that everyone around here seems to have. Grocery shopping tonight and we have to pick up some wrapping paper for Syd's gifts. I can't believe she's going to be 3 on Friday!!! That is all.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Jamming to get content for my business website up. Transferring files over to my sweet new 13" MacBook, my new truck/office computer. Looking for the key to my trigger lock so I can kill myself if the snow doesn't stop.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Why are you thinking of a new bike?
My DEAN has been raced and ridden into the ground over the years and I can get a sweet deal on the Ellsworth. I've had that DEAN so long that I don't even know when I got it. Let's see, I was still living in San Diego...that must have been 2003!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
My DEAN has been raced and ridden into the ground over the years. I've had that DEAN so long that I don't even know when I got it. Let's see, I was still living in San Diego...that must have been 2003!
That won't be a problem with the Ellsworth. :busted: