Quantcast

!@#$%Tuesday GMT@#!$%

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yuna woke up around 11:30, possibly related to me closing the garage door after working on the bikes. Room's on the opposite side of the house so maybe coincidence. She's still awake now. SLEEP, BABY, SLEEP.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

After a short one day week, it's friday. :banana: even more good news, I'm being forced to attend some sort of mandatory training on policies that, if history is any indicator, will change within 6 months, so I'll even be getting out early today and being paid for a full 10. :banana: :banana:

The only thing working against me is the FIL is here for the next 9 days. I mean, I actually really like the guy, but 9 days? That seems a bit excessive.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Getting ready to take the 5 year old boy canoe camping for three nights. Should be good, weather is looking perfect. Sunny and hot during the day and cool at night.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Had some nice thunder storms roll thru last night. Nothing better than sitting on the porch watching nature's TV light up the sky.

Looking to be a good day to ride bikes at lunch. I am gonna try like hell to make it happen.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ah the joys of own an RV you have two houses to clean. Spent 4 hours on it last night. Reinstalled the roof racks for the Kayaks scrubbed the road grime off the roof and solar panels then wiped down the interior, silt from the horse showgrounds covered everything. Now to start loading up for our trip to Grand Teton. 9 days on the road, Biking ,Fishing and Kayaking starting Friday night.:banana:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello LOLOL

I had a nice 20 mile road ride after work yesterday and my legs felt surprisingly good. The weather forecast was almost guaranteeing thunderstorms but I chanced it anyway. The entire ride was sunny. :rolleyes: After a less-than-great night of sleep, I was back at the pool this morning for a masters workout.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! After 2 days of rest I should have an excellent bike ride this afternoon. The plan is to leave work by 2PM and be on the trail with the Yeti by 3PM. It's supposed to be 90 degree with a 7 MPH breeze, it will be hot and dry. I checked the bike out last night, adjusted the air and refrigerated a bladder full of water so I can complete my ride before the after work crowd shows up.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello ello.

Easy commute to work today, for once. Only eventful thing happened while waiting for the light at the end of my street. Big 'ole transport truck blew through the red light. Followed right behind the transport truck was some idiot in a Mercedes SUV. She was so close to the truck, I bet she didn't even see the intersection. :rolleyes:

I'm bummed. No ride last night and tonight I have a date, so no ride tonight. Unless I bail on said date and choose the bike (again) over a girl.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! :wave:

Back at it again after a 4 day weekend with the wife in Crested Butte. Rightly enjoying my last hour of freedom before the ball and chain that is the on-call phone swings my way, though I shall take great solace in the knowledge that after this stint I will never have to carry it again.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Big Tstorms came through yesterday and we were without power for a while. We decided to do the grocery shopping and took Syd to gymnastics. Dinner was make your own flatbread pizzas on the grill. Kids loved it! Going to ride tonight while Sq-Earl and the girls price decking material for a new pool deck. Time for more coffee and some drum lessons before we swim.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
no cover for them when not in use....such as driving down the highway?
That would be a royal pain in the ass to get something that fit the panels and would stay on at speed without damaging the panels, let alone climb up and around the kayaks to get to. Secondly why bother. if the batteries are full the charge controller prevents overcharging by the panels. If needed I can pop up though the hatch over the bed and wipe them off with a wet paper towel while parked ( no I can't climb in and out of the hatch but I can reach out to the panels).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That would be a royal pain in the ass to get something that fit the panels and would stay on at speed without damaging the panels, let alone climb up and around the kayaks to get to. Secondly why bother. if the batteries are full the charge controller prevents overcharging by the panels. If needed I can pop up though the hatch over the bed and wipe them off with a wet paper towel while parked ( no I can't climb in and out of the hatch but I can reach out to the panels).
because you were complaining....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I ended up laying down with the 1 year old from 12:30-2 AM as she happily climbed on me, waved her ducky blanket thing around, and tried out her full vocabulary. At least she was happy. When I left she cried for 10 minutes and then thankfully went to sleep.

Today at work it's Tuesday, which means pancreatic cancer day as usual.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Gotta tighten some nuts on the front sway bar of my Tundra, another big road trip today. Eastbound and down, going to Iowa. My dad was in a motorcycle accident yesterday, spent the night in the hospital. Has a few broken ribs and an AC separation, could have been way worse but he won't be riding for a bit. No other vehicles involved, he stalled his bike then swapped when it revved back up, high sided, and it threw him to the ground. At least that's how I remember he described it, I was a bit more concerned with his condition than the details of the crash.

Need to invent a day.
Me and a friend invented "What The Fuck??!! Day" a while ago. Observed on April 29th, and it is celebrated with cookies and juice.

Makes for great soil, for an after work ride. :brows:
7:15am rain makes for great soil on a 7:45am ride around these parts, son.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
On my way into town a semi was driving like a speed racer and passing cars on the right, attempting to cut people off. Luckily I recognized the company and was able to call their service manager.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
The wife's ex husband was found dead yesterday morning. He had been sober for a couple years but the damage had been done. They are still going to do an autopsy to confirm, but its pretty obvious his liver finished failing. When they found him he was a wonderful yellow color and still warm so they worked on him, he was pronounced at the hospital.

I know it should not bother us much, but at the same time this is someone we knew for about 26 years.

In lighter news... date night with the wife tonight, even have a baby sitter. Parents and my niece's will be here Saturday as well for a week. On vacation for eleven days and gonna be out having a ton of fun...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Gotta tighten some nuts on the front sway bar of my Tundra, another big road trip today. Eastbound and down, going to Iowa. My dad was in a motorcycle accident yesterday, spent the night in the hospital. Has a few broken ribs and an AC separation, could have been way worse but he won't be riding for a bit. No other vehicles involved, he stalled his bike then swapped when it revved back up, high sided, and it threw him to the ground. At least that's how I remember he described it, I was a bit more concerned with his condition than the details of the crash.

7:15am rain makes for great soil on a 7:45am ride around these parts, son.
Sucks about your dad, hopefully he is okay!

7:45am is way too early for riding. But I guess if that's when you get good dirt... :busted:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Forest fire here getting bigger, threatening some homes and our favorite local hot springs (Granite Canyon). Hope it peters out soon. Not too smoky yet to ride, but that could change with the winds...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Made it back from epic road trip to moms house. Rented a house in Sheep Ranch, CA that was amazing. The Butte fire last year burned up half the property but didn't hit the house. It was damn close, the fire line is 50' or less away. Still had amazing views, but what a huge pain in the ass it would be to live out there. But if you don't like people, it would be a sweet place to live.

Before the fire from the for sale ad. House closed last year less than a month ($510k for 50ish acres) before the fire. :rofl:

Very cool place. But the hot tub was empty, so the owner sent out this tweaker gal who had her kid with her. The party entertained the kid for about 3 hours while she had no idea what she was doing. She said she would be back in the morning to fix it, we told her not to bother. Told the owner not to bother, thought it was over. Just as we were heading to wine taste, tweaker returns with her babydaddy who looks worse than her. She says "He knows what he is doing", I know he has no idea what he's doing. Came back to find a hot tub full of green slime, it was nice. At least they didn't rob us while we were gone. :panic:

We laughed because I am guessing the hot tub expert repair options are slim in a town of 32 (true story) and the nearest town worth a damn is an hour away. She was also the cleaning lady and who knows what else. Its 1.8 miles down a dirt road, what do you expect.