Quantcast

Tuesday's debate could become Grumpypalooza

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
wherez the incentive to work if everyone gets free health care, free food, free homes?

perhaps these are the people who would staff your non-profit hospital system?
Yeah fvcktard because if everyone has healthcare that doesn't bankrupt them in a catastrophe they'll lose all ambition to better themselves. No one said anything about free houses or food.

Your santorum like logic is moronic. We are the only first world country with a health care system this fvcked up.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
Better doctors get better pay, but there is no executive to rake in the net profits.

You do realize that this is how it works in every other industrialized nation right n8?

How is this bad? I can't even fathom...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
OMG!!!!!!!

Obama is wearing a flag lapel pin and McCain isnt!!

WTF?!?!?!??! String his ass up!

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
I love arguing about health care because it exposes the philosophies and loyalties of whoever is involved in the argument like no other issue.

I guess I'm too much of a humanist.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Great link. Giuliani is about the last person anyone should take policy advice from, so if this is where he is getting his ideas from...i think I'll pass.

During the Giuliani Administration, the magazine served as an idea factory as the then-mayor revivified New York City, quickly becoming, in the words of the New York Post, “the place where Rudy gets his ideas.”

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Great link. Giuliani is about the last person anyone should take policy advice from, so if this is where he is getting his ideas from...i think I'll pass.
enjoy :)

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/politicians-lack-vision-courage-address/story.aspx?guid={62CE035E-6AFC-4EE2-9ACC-7AEA0AD39BBC}&dist=hppr

Oct. 6, 2008
Within the broad area of the health care system, 65% of Canadians polled said addressing the shortage of doctors should be a top priority (9 or 10 on a scale of 0 to 10). This is followed by addressing the shortage of other health care professionals (54%), improving the efficiency of the system (52%), the overall quality of health care (48%), access to MRIs, X-rays and other diagnostic equipment (45%), access to affordable prescription drugs (44%), access to mental health care (30%), and finally the lack of an electronic medical record (18%).

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Well, THAT didn't help much.

I'm such a goddamn geek, I took notes during this thing.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yeah, crap. Have you read my post? I have to mail a ballot in tomorrow and DO NOT know who I want to vote for.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Yeah, crap. Have you read my post? I have to mail a ballot in tomorrow and DO NOT know who I want to vote for.
i hear ya, they both suck..

you are going to have to go beyond the candidate themselves to something more fundamental if you can even hope to decide.

even then, these two still suck Defenestrated's tiny sac...

Last edited:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
This forum will eat my lunch over this but let me see if I can post this somewhat comprehensively.

Debate points that I didn't like:

McCain: Buy back mortages and refinace to current home values? F that! I bought a house in the midst of the boom and only bought what I could afford. There shouldn't be "do overs" to compensate for people that got in over their head. With risk comes rewards, whether it be good or bad.

McCain: Double the child tax credit? It's a vagina, not a clown car. You had them, they are your responsibility. Close ALL tax loopholes to help correct the revenue income deficit.

If McCain is such a reformer, why does he admit in the same breath that Warshington is broke? Tells me you failed as a great reformer.

On purely beliefs:

We have a right to expect affordable, competent health care. It's the government's responsibility to oversee that we aren't being ripped off by corrupt insurance practices or extreme litigation, driving up malpractice cost or letting hospitals charge $30 for that Tylenol. Child health care is one area that should be subsidized by all of us. They can't protect themselves and don't choose or have a say how their course of life goes.

Strong defense. DEFENSE. As a veteran, I support military force as an absolute last option. Exhaust all other courses first

I believe in personal responsibility. Utilize every opportunity available to you. Don't expect to live on subsidized handouts. Everybody has tough times, but take the hand that's extended, get up, fix yourself and then help extend that hand to the next one that needs help.

Abortion? I'm not a woman and therefore am not qualified to decide what decision she should make.

2nd Amendment? I believe that was written to ensure exactly what the Constitution says. Ensure a well armed militia. Written when we had to grab farmers out of the field to fight. You have a privilege to own a gun, as long as you own it responsibly.

Economy? If we are going to be capitalist, be capitalist. Let the free market be free all the time. Since it won't go that way, government has to maintain a balanced budget. I have to. Income (present or future) should equal out go.

Gay rights? If two dudes or two chicks want to be gay and live together, as long as they aren't in my house, what the f do I care?

Mom? I think I'm turning Libetarian.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
This forum will eat my lunch over this but let me see if I can post this somewhat comprehensively.

Debate points that I didn't like:

McCain: Buy back mortages and refinace to current home values? F that! I bought a house in the midst of the boom and only bought what I could afford. There shouldn't be "do overs" to compensate for people that got in over their head. With risk comes rewards, whether it be good or bad.

McCain: Double the child tax credit? It's a vagina, not a clown car. You had them, they are your responsibility. Close ALL tax loopholes to help correct the revenue income deficit.

If McCain is such a reformer, why does he admit in the same breath that Warshington is broke? Tells me you failed as a great reformer.

On purely beliefs:

We have a right to expect affordable, competent health care. It's the government's responsibility to oversee that we aren't being ripped off by corrupt insurance practices or extreme litigation, driving up malpractice cost or letting hospitals charge $30 for that Tylenol. Child health care is one area that should be subsidized by all of us. They can't protect themselves and don't choose or have a say how their course of life goes.

Strong defense. DEFENSE. As a veteran, I support military force as an absolute last option. Exhaust all other courses first

I believe in personal responsibility. Utilize every opportunity available to you. Don't expect to live on subsidized handouts. Everybody has tough times, but take the hand that's extended, get up, fix yourself and then help extend that hand to the next one that needs help.

Abortion? I'm not a woman and therefore am not qualified to decide what decision she should make.

2nd Amendment? I believe that was written to ensure exactly what the Constitution says. Ensure a well armed militia. Written when we had to grab farmers out of the field to fight. You have a privilege to own a gun, as long as you own it responsibly.

Economy? If we are going to be capitalist, be capitalist. Let the free market be free all the time. Since it won't go that way, government has to maintain a balanced budget. I have to. Income (present or future) should equal out go.

Gay rights? If two dudes or two chicks want to be gay and live together, as long as they aren't in my house, what the f do I care?

Mom? I think I'm turning Libetarian.

well bugger me.. if that's what the Libertarian party line is, count me in.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
Pathetic… two wall street backed prostitutes talking to the american people like we're a bunch of 2nd graders.

Some quality choices being made by the masses right now, nice job.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
If I was actually Canadian I might get offended by that.

Anyway, as I said other systems aren't perfect but then again neither is the US one. Your slavish adherance to something with obvious flaws and a blanket refusal to consider other systems tells me that you aren't worth arguing with any more.
I see our health care system in the same light as our financial institutions. It's about the $$.

Example: How much $ has been made through buying all the pink stuff to 'fight breast cancer'? Bottom line, well lobbied pharm companies make a assload of money selling drugs.

Cynical aren't I?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Pathetic… two wall street backed prostitutes talking to the american people like we're a bunch of 2nd graders.

Some quality choices being made by the masses right now, nice job.
these are the candidates the us media chose for us.

thx nbccbscnnabcfoxmsnbcweatherchannel

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
"My friends" alone just cost me half a bottle of Maker's Mark :D
I downloaded the transcript this morning and did a word count. 22 two times he said it, my friend. :bonk:

The other thing that really irritated me about the debate last night was how McCain got up and sat down over and over, paced back and forth behind Obama while he was talking, which I thought was very disrespectful, and as someone else mentioned, he invaded the questioner's personal space by getting uncomfortably close. Body language says a lot about a person. It looked to me like he felt cornered, frustrated, agitated, and ready to lash out, kind of like some sort of caged animal, kind of like a guy who is beginning to realize he is going to lose.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
That's actually really interesting, I heard it on the radio, and commentators after the debate were talking about how snarky or disrespectful McCain was, but I didn't hear anything too out of the ordinary except for "that one". Body language does say a lot.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I downloaded the transcript this morning and did a word count. 22 two times he said it, my friend. :bonk:

The other thing that really irritated me about the debate last night was how McCain got up and sat down over and over, paced back and forth behind Obama while he was talking, which I thought was very disrespectful, and as someone else mentioned, he invaded the questioner's personal space by getting uncomfortably close. Body language says a lot about a person. It looked to me like he felt cornered, frustrated, agitated, and ready to lash out, kind of like some sort of caged animal, kind of like a guy who is beginning to realize he is going to lose.
Coming in 15 minutes late to watch, the body language was the 1st thing I noticed as well.

I also got a chuckle over McCain saying "that one" instead of Obama's name. Totally creepy finger point (just in time for Halloween!) to accompany the "that one" line too!

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Coming in 15 minutes late to watch, the body language was the 1st thing I noticed as well.

I also got a chuckle over McCain saying "that one" instead of Obama's name. Totally creepy finger point (just in time for Halloween!) to accompany the "that one" line too!
How crazy awesome would it have been if Obama disappeared in a puff of smoke at that exact moment?

Unfortunately for McCain, only Cheney has that power.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
How crazy awesome would it have been if Obama disappeared in a puff of smoke at that exact moment?

Unfortunately for McCain, only Cheney has that power.
You are mistaken, it is like Captain Planet, Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Donald Rumsfeld, Richard Perle, and George Tenet combine their powers.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
hey, even the focus groups from FOX, CNN, and CBS say Obama won
"Won" what exactly?

it was a dull boring snoozefest full of half truths, spin and nothing of any substance. both obama and mccain lack clarity of vison and neither has any leadership skills what so ever.

so, yeaa... obama won 1st place in the Retard Olympics.. go team!