Quantcast

-- Tuesday's Ride Thread --

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Hola'! Nothing on tap for today. Going for a ride tomorrow @ Pittstown State Forst with bershire_rider and another guy. Getting an early start and should be out for 3 hours+. :thumb: The club (SMBA) has a spooky night ride/bonfire/BBQ scheduled for Saturday so I've got that to look forward to as well! Should be a good week!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I got my Cheeta back up in running - but now it has a Z1 FR up front instead of a dual crown fork and it now features some Truvativ Hussefelts I got real cheap instead of the beat to hell RF PRodigy DH cranks that were previously on there. Took off the old cranks and installed the Hussefelts with the guidance of a fellow NEMBA rider - it was cool to do it myself! I want to take a Park Tools class or something sometime. Rode urban (well Avon's version of it anyway) for about an hour - fun fun!! BUt I came home witha pinch flat. Makes me wonder about running Stans or Tubeless all over again.

I think I'm going to like the Cheeta in it's new Trail/FR configuration!!! :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
this looks fun:

909 race (this saturday)
This is a one lap time trial, ALL IN THE DARK OF NIGHT. Everyone will start 1 minute apart. Headlight(s) required. Backup battery and/or bulb a good idea. Try something new; bring your brightest beams and do a single lap race in the dark. Course includes awesome singletrack, with the famous rock drops, bridges, anthills etc. Course length about 9 miles tops, some will finish in less than an hour, some may require more time, so perhaps a backup battery is good insurance. Results will be broken down after event finish(Beginner/Sport/Expert/Etc. in the typical age categories).

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
this looks fun:

909 race (this saturday)
This is a one lap time trial, ALL IN THE DARK OF NIGHT. Everyone will start 1 minute apart. Headlight(s) required. Backup battery and/or bulb a good idea. Try something new; bring your brightest beams and do a single lap race in the dark. Course includes awesome singletrack, with the famous rock drops, bridges, anthills etc. Course length about 9 miles tops, some will finish in less than an hour, some may require more time, so perhaps a backup battery is good insurance. Results will be broken down after event finish(Beginner/Sport/Expert/Etc. in the typical age categories).
Where's this Doug?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Bike riding is once again a weekend activity until next Spring. (no lights) Working out is a great Monday through Friday activity. :)

you can afford fancy dancy high end mowers, etc but not bike lights?????

priorities!! :think:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Bike riding is once again a weekend activity until next Spring. (no lights)
HA! My mower cost less than a decent set of bike lights will cost!
Your missing out. Night riding is great. There's lots of <$100 helmet mounts out there that will allow 2 hours of burn time. HID's are definitely better lights, but not a requirement to night ride.