Quantcast

-- Tuesday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Got the aluminum from my crank threads cleaned out of my pedal threads last night... I think the pedals are salvagable. Got my bike in the truck today - heading over to the LBS on my lunch to have them look at the stripped crank. Hopefully I'll have some options.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I actually worked on my bike.....
Had play YET AGAIN in my suspension.
Took shock off, took lower mount bolt and bought longer bolt with more shank to replace at a screw shop....Took shock to lbs.
everyone at the lbs was busy so i went in the back and looked around for an eternity for a screw to use as a template to cut the bolt to size. After a while my favorite mech found some time to grab a dowel deal to push the lower shock eyelet sleeve out and replace it with a new one. Old bushings still fit tight good to go.
Then showed off bikey shoes and dianese elbow/forearm pads that i took to a shoe repair store to get grommets instead of the cheeseball platic loops to use for the laces and to put snaps on velcro straps where the fabric tore out on the elbow, now it doesn't have to be sewn back together, snaps keep it in place good.
All this and a spot from above my right hip still is sore from crashing hard at a switchback. A day of non-riding full of riding stuff.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm in the same boat as IAB - sore as hell from hockey - but I plan to get out on the ice with my Son's team tonight.

Today would have been a good day to play hooky and get a ride in - it would be a cold one but the sun is out and it got cold enough last night for the trails to really harden up I bet.

I need a personal Massuese!

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
nice, road last night. some awsome stair gaps at st john fisher.
..after we removed the "icy stairs chain warning thingies"

haHA!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
On trainer last night. Will be on trainer again tonight. Blaa! Need to get new rear der. for my trail ride after a stick destroyed mine on sunday. Stick vs. derailleur: Ditka wins every time! :p