Quantcast

-- Tuesday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Anyone riding these days? Nothing for me last night - it wasn't until about 4:00 yesterday that I was starting to feel good again after my 3+ hour marathon on Sunday. No riding tonight, but tomorrow looks promising.

Anyone else?

J

JRB

No ride. Got some new shoes and went to the local bike club meeting though. I at least talked about bikes.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I bought mine this year, cheapest (real) one I could find - it works fine, well I do need to readjust the rear derailleur

road is nice cause you dont have to drive to the trail head, or wait till the trails drive....just ride out the driveway, but you do have stop signs & red lights and they suck

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
road is nice cause you dont have to drive to the trail head, or wait till the trails drive....just ride out the driveway, but you do have stop signs & red lights and they suck
I've got family in NE PA... about 40 miles of back country roads between me and them. I sooo want to do that ride - 80 miles round trip with only 2 stop signs.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i've been riding at least once a week on trails. now that its getting dark so early its difficult to get out. we are going to ride today. we've got a race coming up soon and i want to get a little practice in.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have found a new trail & it kicks ass. A buddy & I went exploring yesterday along the Wolf River that runs through the city from downtown to the burbs. It was bad ass. it is also used by 4-wheelers ( :dead: ) but if your riding in the middle of the day during the week the place is almost deserted.
The trail has lots of short ups & downs, like every trail here, but the cool thing is the berms. every turn has a nice berm & there is this one chute that has this awesome HUGE 'S' curve with theese massive berm/wallride corners...so bad ass...:drool:

we only rode about 8 miles, just exploring. I have heard the trail is almost 22 miles long, so i am smelling an epic day of riding in the near future. :D

On a scary note....it winds by the interstate & is kind of shady at spots. We saw hobo camps & at one point while on a levee i looked down & saw 3 bikers sitting around with guns leaning up against trees. We didnt stop to invetigate & hammered are our asses off after seeing them.

I cant wait to get back out there. :thumb:

EDIT: Bikers, as in Hell's Angel's, the Nazi's from Natchez, etc...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm gonna ride a road bike on a paved bike trail here that is around 40 miles long. i doubt i'll make it to the end (cuz i'll have to ride back 80 miles ugghh). Prepping for a real ride in the woods this weekend. :)

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Hit the Fells outside of Boston with WTGPhoben this morning before work. Good ride but it's colder 'n a witch's tit here in the morning these days.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
no riding for me since sunday :( . maybe ill got to a couple trails today. also, im doin a 50 mile road ride this weekend.