Quantcast

****Tuesderp GMT****

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

We got an unexpected dusting of snow on the ground this morning....here in the South, that means schools are at a two-hour delay. Great. Call the in-laws early and get them to take kiddo to school a bit later on so I can get on the road and contribute to the gross national product today....

Got a busy day - need to get some billing for projects done, and get a few others over to permitting to keep it all moving forward. I think today's musical selection will have to be kinda gnarly to get me through...coffee isn't putting a dent into my alertness...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Schedule and weather will finally allow for me to ride my bike into work today.

My should-be-retired co-worker has called in sick another day, and preemptively called in tomorrow and possibly Thursday as well! We have a backup system so some one else will cover, but really, people: use this as a sign to suggest she leave, and never come back again.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, friends. Another morning, another swim. The swim went fine but I started to feel a side cramp after I finished, and it got progressively worse as I drove into work. Not really a side stitch, and not a case of having to poop. For a few minutes there I considered not going into work so I could go home and lie down, but it's feeling better now. WTF.

Our oil burner was smoking this morning and the whole damn neighborhood smells like burning oil. So, we've shut that down until the oil company can come check on it. Glad that didn't happen while we were on vacation.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
oh, hey. didn't see you guys there. how are ya?

tired after staying up late judging entries for annual best catalogue and exhibition competition for the association of art museum curators (and drinking beers while doing so) and then getting up four hours later to make the 8yo pancakes and bacon for his b'day. but at least there was bacon.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why good morning!
That is a good question. I'm not sure.

My battery was dead in the M this morning and I need to move it periodically because HOA, so I got to spend the morning frantically running around getting the car started while getting ready to leave and taking the trash bins out. At least my commute is 5min quicker in the M :).

But my new desk (cube ftl) was raised to wookie height when I came in this morning. No more hunching over the keyboard!

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
That is a good question. I'm not sure.

My battery was dead in the M this morning and I need to move it periodically because HOA, so I got to spend the morning frantically running around getting the car started while getting ready to leave and taking the trash bins out. At least my commute is 5min quicker in the M :).

But my new desk (cube ftl) was raised to wookie height when I came in this morning. No more hunching over the keyboard!
cube is better than open office spaces

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm about to go full out office space on this Nortel BCM. :banghead:

On the plus side, buddies and myself are going out for Indian food tonight. Local buffet type shop, with god damn amazing food. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
It’s gunna be 85 here today hot dry and windy. It’s fucking bullshit! Feels like summer, and it’s only rained once. It’s not winter

Freewheel on the Moonlander has been replaced.

Came home yesterday to discover that the town had managed to hit our land line with a raised dump truck. Telco says they can fix by Thursday, say what? Last time this happened, it was both power lines and the phone lane, so in theory I should be happy...

Trails are shit, shiny white ice.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Took the dog and the boy to the dog park. Got home just inside for it to start snowing sideways...... Cause you know, the best thing is when it's 49 out all morning, the 4 inch sheet of ice that ic your street half melts to a giant lake, only to have the temps drop below freezing in a half hour.......