Quantcast

Turner DHR 2005 Pics.....

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Finally got my new DHR built and thought I'd share..... enjoy...

Build:

Frame: 2005 Turner DHR
Fork: 2005 World Cup Boxxer
Shock: 2005 Fox DHX 5.0 w/ Romic Ti Spring
Stem: SIC Boxxer Direct Mount 50mm
Headset: CaneCreek Double Flush 1.5 to 1.125
Bars: TruVativ XC/DH 1" Riser
Cranks: TruVativ Holzfeller 165mm
Ring: TruVativ 38t
BB: TruVativ Gigapipe DH 113
Chain Guide: TruVativ Box Guide with Lexan Bash
Seat: SDG Bel Air I-Beam
Shifter: SRAM X.9 Trigger
Deraileur: SRAM X.0
Chain: SRAM Hollow Point
Wheels: Mavic with Hadley Hubs
Grips: ODI Ruffian Lock Ons
Brakes: Hayes
Pedals: I don't know where the hell I put them....

Attachments

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Nice!...for some reason I thought you were all about the MX now.
Nice to see your still DHing.

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Lets see some better pics of the down tube and did Dave do a custom color or is that going to be offered now or later?

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
DHRracer said:
Lets see some better pics of the down tube and did Dave do a custom color or is that going to be offered now or later?
Yeah they did a custom color for me.. It's Mercedes Silver like our team Honda/Turner bikes were for 03. It doesn't have the metal flakes in it, so it matches the grey color in the sticker kit almost exactly.. As far as I know, black is the only color available.

Photo shoot is done so can't get your downtube shot. Sorry...

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
W4S said:
That's the best looking DHR I've ever seen.

Where do you ride? Do you ride DH or just pedal around the neighborhood?
Well, I pedal around the neighborhood for now. Have done a 6 mile XC loop with it just the other day.. I really eats up the downhills.. And I almost made the biggest climb! This think rawks! I'm thinking about getting into DH soon. I'm hoping Snow Summit will open for downhilll racing so I can give it a try.. For now I'll just use it as a "Heavy Duty" freeride bike.. If I start racing, I think I'll go strait into semipro class. Some of the guys I ride with tell me that I'm fast. So, we'll see. Not sure what gear I need to race downhill. Never actually been to a race.. I have a full face helmet.. Do they require that? Do people race with camel backs? I think it would be helpful to have one, just incase you needed to do some last minute adjustments to your bike. I'd have some kind of multi tool in there for sure. As far as protection, I think I've got that covered.. I'm just going to wear my moto gear.. There is nothing better than my Thor roost guard. That thing has saved me sooo many times.. I saw some Sidi boots online that were meant for DH mountian biking and I'm trying to find them. They are so sweet! They look almost like Moto boots! Why did they stop making them? Oh well. If any of you have some used ones for sale, let me know. I'll take em! Size 14... I know I know... Even harder to find, but hey, big feet come with BIG benifits! If you know what I'm sayin'.....

Rawk on guys! DHing is not a crime!

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
Sgt Brown said:
Well, I pedal around the neighborhood for now. Have done a 6 mile XC loop with it just the other day.. I really eats up the downhills.. And I almost made the biggest climb! This think rawks! I'm thinking about getting into DH soon. I'm hoping Snow Summit will open for downhilll racing so I can give it a try.. For now I'll just use it as a "Heavy Duty" freeride bike.. If I start racing, I think I'll go strait into semipro class. Some of the guys I ride with tell me that I'm fast. So, we'll see. Not sure what gear I need to race downhill. Never actually been to a race.. I have a full face helmet.. Do they require that? Do people race with camel backs? I think it would be helpful to have one, just incase you needed to do some last minute adjustments to your bike. I'd have some kind of multi tool in there for sure. As far as protection, I think I've got that covered.. I'm just going to wear my moto gear.. There is nothing better than my Thor roost guard. That thing has saved me sooo many times.. I saw some Sidi boots online that were meant for DH mountian biking and I'm trying to find them. They are so sweet! They look almost like Moto boots! Why did they stop making them? Oh well. If any of you have some used ones for sale, let me know. I'll take em! Size 14... I know I know... Even harder to find, but hey, big feet come with BIG benifits! If you know what I'm sayin'.....

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH. I'm amazed you took the time to write this. Were you laughing so hard during it that you spit coffee all ove your monitor? :) Classic.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Sgt Brown said:

What? They closed Snow Summit! No they didn't, you can still pedal up.

Freeriding is out...Jibbing is in.

Forget the Semi-Chump class, I'd focus on the SoCal World Cups...I think the next one is at Fontucky.

You can leave your roost guard at home as long as you hole shot, or at least get some sweet fenders.

I'm pretty sure Go-ride.com stocks those Sidi boots. If not, moto boots and toe clips work great. Just ask Josh Bender.

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
go-ride.com said:
What? They closed Snow Summit! No they didn't, you can still pedal up.

Freeriding is out...Jibbing is in.

Forget the Semi-Chump class, I'd focus on the SoCal World Cups...I think the next one is at Fontucky.

You can leave your roost guard at home as long as you hole shot, or at least get some sweet fenders.

I'm pretty sure Go-ride.com stocks those Sidi boots. If not, moto boots and toe clips work great. Just ask Josh Bender.
Yeah, I found out that Big Bear was closed to DH bikes last year when I was up there to ride my dirt board.. I mainly went to see what the DownHill mountian biking was all about.. I ended up renting this sick K2 full suspension bike and ripping up some trails..

I need to look into those world cup races at "Fontucky"? Where is that? I heard of some WC level racing in Fontana.. I'm guessing it's the same thing. My buddies keep telling me I'd do well there because it's all about downhill and coasting.. I hear they make the courses flow really well and keep it watered. I'm pushing 245 lbs. now, so I think the courses with the most DH are my thing.. I'm hoping to get one of those Rainbow type jerseys in the next 3 years.. All it takes is the right course and I'm sure I can take it.

Yeah, I was watching some sick freeride videos and saw that Bender guy.. He's freaking awsome.. And I thought he was wearing Moto boots! Sweet.. I can just convert my sweet black Oxtar boots into mt. bike SPDs. These boots are so sweet! They have cool hinged bootys inside that you can also use for just chilling around the house or at a casual back yard party.. This rad motocross racer guy turned me onto them.. Lucky I bougt them or I'd have surely broken my ankle on my last moto wreck. I had some crappy Alpinestars Tech 8s before.. and white.. How lame is that..

I'll probably get some sweet moto freestyle pants to go with my uni. I think I can bring some moto flavor to this scene...

Ok guys keep it real, and thanks for all the great advice..

420 for lizife...

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Sgt Brown said:
Yeah, I found out that Big Bear was closed to DH bikes last year when I was up there to ride my dirt board.. I mainly went to see what the DownHill mountian biking was all about.. I ended up renting this sick K2 full suspension bike and ripping up some trails..

I need to look into those world cup races at "Fontucky"? Where is that? I heard of some WC level racing in Fontana.. I'm guessing it's the same thing. My buddies keep telling me I'd do well there because it's all about downhill and coasting.. I hear they make the courses flow really well and keep it watered. I'm pushing 245 lbs. now, so I think the courses with the most DH are my thing.. I'm hoping to get one of those Rainbow type jerseys in the next 3 years.. All it takes is the right course and I'm sure I can take it.

Yeah, I was watching some sick freeride videos and saw that Bender guy.. He's freaking awsome.. And I thought he was wearing Moto boots! Sweet.. I can just convert my sweet black Oxtar boots into mt. bike SPDs. These boots are so sweet! They have cool hinged bootys inside that you can also use for just chilling around the house or at a casual back yard party.. This rad motocross racer guy turned me onto them.. Lucky I bougt them or I'd have surely broken my ankle on my last moto wreck. I had some crappy Alpinestars Tech 8s before.. and white.. How lame is that..

I'll probably get some sweet moto freestyle pants to go with my uni. I think I can bring some moto flavor to this scene...

Ok guys keep it real, and thanks for all the great advice..

420 for lizife...
Brah, you know what that bike needs to make it faster? It needs a Renthal sticker, a Metal Mullisha sticker, and maybe even a Skin Industries sticker kit. By the way, I hope you remembered to ditch the moto pants in favor of the moto shorts. Moto shorts with the Oxtar boots (dick) are sweet.

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
El Jefe said:
Brah, you know what that bike needs to make it faster? It needs a Renthal sticker, a Metal Mullisha sticker, and maybe even a Skin Industries sticker kit. By the way, I hope you remembered to ditch the moto pants in favor of the moto shorts. Moto shorts with the Oxtar boots (dick) are sweet.
Well, I'll have to ask my moto buddy about the moto shorts. He's a super sick rider. I was actually going to get the ones that you can zip off the lowers so it can be shorts also. That would be great for the more pedaling courses.

Now that I'm thinking about it! I bet I can just bolt some SPD's to the little booty inside the Oxtar Boots... I mean, they are hinged with tons of support, and that way I can still pedal well.. Hum..? Again, I'll have to ask my buddie.. He knows all about it.. I always try to run what he's running, because if it works for him, it's gotta be great stuff. He crashes all the freaking time! Crashes so much that he's even got a nick name...

Human Lawn Dart... Lol how funny is that? HLD for life...

Chilly moe brah...

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Sgt Brown said:
Well, I'll have to ask my moto buddy about the moto shorts. He's a super sick rider. I was actually going to get the ones that you can zip off the lowers so it can be shorts also. That would be great for the more pedaling courses.

Now that I'm thinking about it! I bet I can just bolt some SPD's to the little booty inside the Oxtar Boots... I mean, they are hinged with tons of support, and that way I can still pedal well.. Hum..? Again, I'll have to ask my buddie.. He knows all about it.. I always try to run what he's running, because if it works for him, it's gotta be great stuff. He crashes all the freaking time! Crashes so much that he's even got a nick name...

Human Lawn Dart... Lol how funny is that? HLD for life...

Chilly moe brah...
That's totally cool that you're trying to emulate your brah. I'm sure he's even sicker than he knows. I try to immitate this one sick moto dude who totally looks like a pro rider. He has the sponsor stickers that match his component upgrades, the white Tech 8's, aftermarket seat cover, the RG3 suspension (and stickers to show it), and full Troy Lee Designs clothing and helmet. When he's sitting on the side of the track after doing at least a 3 lap moto, he looks totally like Ryan Hughes. He has this sick number plate that says "411", as in "for your information, I'm really really fast." He broke his wrist on a sick jump that was at least 125ft or more, but even his cast looked like a pro cast.

I hear his girlfriend is almost as fast as he is though, which somewhat dims my opinion of his supremecy, but then again, maybe she's just hella-fast.

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
El Jefe said:
That's totally cool that you're trying to emulate your brah. I'm sure he's even sicker than he knows. I try to immitate this one sick moto dude who totally looks like a pro rider. He has the sponsor stickers that match his component upgrades, the white Tech 8's, aftermarket seat cover, the RG3 suspension (and stickers to show it), and full Troy Lee Designs clothing and helmet. When he's sitting on the side of the track after doing at least a 3 lap moto, he looks totally like Ryan Hughes. He has this sick number plate that says "411", as in "for your information, I'm really really fast." He broke his wrist on a sick jump that was at least 125ft or more, but even his cast looked like a pro cast.

I hear his girlfriend is almost as fast as he is though, which somewhat dims my opinion of his supremecy, but then again, maybe she's just hella-fast.
OMG! I've seen this rider you speak of! He's the sickest of the sicky! You and I must ride at the same places! Although I usually see him at star west and my fast buddie doesn't like it out there much.. He's kind of a PUS$Y, and doesn't like riding under the lights.. I think it reminds him of his failed supercross carreer.. Too bad too.. He's one of the old school riders that still rips on a 2-stroke 125.. Can you believe that! It's like a lawn mower on wheels, but he rides the wheels off that thing..

Brraaaaahhhhhpppyyy Brahp...

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Sgt Brown said:
OMG! I've seen this rider you speak of! He's the sickest of the sicky! You and I must ride at the same places! Although I usually see him at star west and my fast buddie doesn't like it out there much.. He's kind of a PUS$Y, and doesn't like riding under the lights.. I think it reminds him of his failed supercross carreer.. Too bad too.. He's one of the old school riders that still rips on a 2-stroke 125.. Can you believe that! It's like a lawn mower on wheels, but he rides the wheels off that thing..

Brraaaaahhhhhpppyyy Brahp...
Yeah, it sounds like you totally know who my buddy is. He's the one who had to have his suspension totally rebuilt by RG3 because he weighs so much. Also, it's amazing how much power those 4 strokes have over the 2 strokes. I mean, this guy outweighs me by probably 87 pounds, yet he still pulls on me in the straights.

I can empathize with your buddy about the riding at night thing. He probably just has trouble judging distance and depth at night when travelling at extremely high speeds. I mean, at normal person speeds, the shadows and dark patches wouldn't be a problem, but at hyper-speed, it's tough to really stay in the pocket. I coined that phrase "in the pocket" from my really fast number 411 buddy. Even though he sometimes makes fun of the phrase, I know he thinks it's cool to say. He's always in the pocket.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Sgt Brown said:

Classic. Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor.