Quantcast

<|><|><|> Two-derps GMT <|><|><|>

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Good morning!

Heat, heat, humid heat. I had to de-winterize the only AC unit in my home last night, wifey is working from home today and wanted to enjoy the luxury of cool air. Riding prospects are not looking very good tonight, brutal heat + sore throat = no bueno.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Half day of work so I can get some unpacking done from our trip because some of my wife's family will be in town visiting for the next week.

...and so that the wifey and I can watch the USA vs Belgium game. :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got a lot of the house related crap taken care of yesterday. Inspection scheduled for Thursday at 9am. What say you wise old monkeys...should I get a sewer scope or not? The house was built in 1977.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mornin!

Got a lot of the house related crap taken care of yesterday. Inspection scheduled for Thursday at 9am. What say you wise old monkeys...should I get a sewer scope or not? The house was built in 1977.
Are there any trees above/near the line out to the street?

Oh - and I know it's too late now... but don't buy a house until you're 30.

:D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rode the tri bike on the trainer last night. I need to get rollers, as the tuck is causing serious torque issues on the frame in the trainer. I also would like to have a rolling front wheel for my computer. Much easier than mounting it on the tt.

Otherwise, my swim workout changed substantially today. 4 x 200yd at cadence vs. the normal 500yd at cadence pieces. My fitness is getting notably better because I was struggling to do 200 when I started and I knocked it out at a 9:00 min/500 pace. That's better than my best 500 to date, so the pool time is working.

45 min run tonight. My goal is 5 miles, which is a 9:00 pace.

My long workouts are starting this week. 1500 yard swims, 60 minute run on Saturday and 40 mile road ride Sunday. By the end of the month my daily swims will be >1700 yards. (Scheduled is posted in the blog)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Picking up U-Haul car trailer today. Heading out on the road tomorrow morning, LEAF in tow: Seattle, Pendleton, SLC, Denver.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

First run in I don't know how long this morning. Gads it's depressing how quickly one loses fitness. Bike ride maybe this afternoon. Or not.

Howdy all. Picking up U-Haul car trailer today. Heading out on the road tomorrow morning, LEAF in tow: Seattle, Pendleton, SLC, Denver.
Good luck Doc, having done the PDX-COS drive 3 times now, I don't envy you the drive. It's amazing how much nothing there is between here and there.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
long swim workouts? bish plz. a long swim workout is 10k+ yards.
For a non swim racer, those are longer workouts. Mind, I only need to be able to swim 1950 yards at decent pace. I will make my time in the bike.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Good luck Doc, having done the PDX-COS drive 3 times now, I don't envy you the drive. It's amazing how much nothing there is between here and there.
Thanks. The drive is a good reminder that we're still maybe a century or two from Matrix-style endless cities merging into other cities, +/- underground Zion-caverns with flying squid-ships.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oh, and backing up a trailer is fun but non-trivial. First task upon getting hitched at U-Haul was to make a 3 point turn, which turned into a 7 point turn. I made it out, though, nothing was run over, and didn't jackknife the bitch, either.