Quantcast

.!. Two stay .!.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
tuesday already? fuck.

the start menu disappeared on my work computer, and my usps package was delayed so no new bike parts to play with.

gotta get some folks in to look at termite damage and replacement on the house...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got a whole bunch of things I've been putting off, getting summer tires installed, a trip to the UPS store, groceries, getting this damned excise tax thing taken care of. I should probably get at least one or two of those done.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
no, hadn't posted it. some assbag flying up a climb on an ebike ran me off the trail basically.
From behind or were you going down?

Been spotting more e-bikes round these parts too. Got passed on the weekend by this lady riding one, who must have been around 350 pounds. If that's her way of trying to get out and enjoy life or get in shape, awesome. She had a badge thing for the local trail association too.

But these other 'tards on them are frustrating. Most seem new to the sport, but lack any courtesy and whatnot. Kind of like the decked out XC dudes that just expect you to get the fuck out of their way without so much as a simple hello or thank you.

Wheres my coffee....

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

Been spotting more e-bikes round these parts too. Got passed on the weekend by this lady riding one, who must have been around 350 pounds. If that's her way of trying to get out and enjoy life or get in shape, awesome. She had a badge thing for the local trail association too.

But these other 'tards on them are frustrating. Most seem new to the sport, but lack any courtesy and whatnot. Kind of like the decked out XC dudes that just expect you to get the fuck out of their way without so much as a simple hello or thank you.

Wheres my coffee....
Saw more ebikes the last two days than all of last year. People are starting to climb downhill trails...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Also in the UGHHHH boat, USPS, Canada Post nor DVO know where my new shock is. DVO made some calls and confirmed that yes, it is somewhere between California and Ontario. Great!

This thing was mailed out on April 21st.

I might as well stick a hot dog in my frame, it'd probably work better than this rockshock thing.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning.

Two cups of coffee in, oatmeal with fresh berries for breakfast, started a nice stew for dinner.

Today's events include, morning shooting range, hike with mini me right after, planting in the garden and a work meeting...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Also in the UGHHHH boat, USPS, Canada Post nor DVO know where my new shock is. DVO made some calls and confirmed that yes, it is somewhere between California and Ontario. Great!

This thing was mailed out on April 21st.

I might as well stick a hot dog in my frame, it'd probably work better than this rockshock thing.
I got an item I bought from the Netherlands last night. it took a week to just ship out that and was May 1 via post NL so 18 days in transit. le suck. I have a feeling that its US customs holding shit up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the first time, both of use were climbing, i stopped and moved to the side of the trail, he came flying up behind me (also climbing) he had plenty of clearance but couldn't be bothered slowing down. i remember thinking there's no way climbing at that speed is safe.

second time, he was climbing, i was descending. i wasn't going fast, i had actually just been stopped for a breather before heading into another section of trail so i was still getting up to speed. once again he came flying up the hill and made no attempt to yield whatsoever, i hit my brakes and the backend washed out. once he saw me going down he slowed down, then just rode around me and couldn't be bothered to say anything. fucking asshole. he was dressed like an overstuffed bratwurst in his lycra.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
the first time, both of use were climbing, i stopped and moved to the side of the trail, he came flying up behind me (also climbing) he had plenty of clearance but couldn't be bothered slowing down. i remember thinking there's no way climbing at that speed is safe.

second time, he was climbing, i was descending. i wasn't going fast, i had actually just been stopped for a breather before heading into another section of trail so i was still getting up to speed. once again he came flying up the hill and made no attempt to yield whatsoever, i hit my brakes and the backend washed out. once he saw me going down he slowed down, then just rode around me and couldn't be bothered to say anything. fucking asshole. he was dressed like an overstuffed bratwurst in his lycra.
What are the yield rules in your parts? He might think he has the right of way because he is going uphill as this is common. On most trails worthy of descending people yield to downhill traffic out of courtesy to not ruin someones experience.
Not stopping for a rider that went down is kill list stuff for sure though!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What are the yield rules in your parts? He might think he has the right of way because he is going uphill as this is common. On most trails worthy of descending people yield to downhill traffic out of courtesy to not ruin someones experience.
Not stopping for a rider that went down is kill list stuff for sure though!
yield rules depend on who you ask, especially in the US. some say ascending traffic should yield to descending (because ascending traffic can stop more quickly, that's what i was originally taught), others say the opposite (because its easier for descending traffic to get back up to speed, despite taking longer to stop). i'm at the point i yield to others regardless of which way i'm going, because it's just easier this way to not be a total assbag.

this guy was climbing at speeds that you used to only see descending, with seemingly little regard for anything but his strava times. i've also heard about issues with ebikers at this particular trail network too.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Time for that portable EMP.

Or for the cheaper option I wonder what happens if you taze an ebike motor?...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

1589903464758.png

+

1589903475972.png

=

1589903487472.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Seen a lot more e-bikers this year on the trails. It is actually illegal in WA but the only laws that are enforced around here are parking violations.

The bigger problem here is people taking very small children hiking on MTB trails, one way bike only DH trails.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
still agitated over an incident with an ebiker last week.
I would buy an e-bike to agitate you but I struggle with how I could be successful without driving out there and doing donuts on your lawn.

Locally we have a 60 something trail builder who keeps our trail system maintained, he is a bit of a blowhard who knows everything abouting biking and why your bike sucks - usually because not 29r and not Specialized. Most people avoid him but I always say hey when I see him. He usually tells me I'm slow but could be faster wagon wheels. Earlier this year I saw his bike and trailer on the side of the trail, he was nowhere to be seen (building a new trail) I stopped to make sure everything was fine and got my first close look at his bike - which is a 2 year old Specialized Turbo Levo. It doesn't look like an e-Bike and I have never heard the motor so I assume he turns it off when other riders are around. He may have a similar no e-Bike but why would you have one just to pull a trailer?