Quantcast

tyre problems

margam_man

Chimp
Jun 28, 2008
i have continental gravity's on sun rims. i had a puncture and strugled to get the tyre of the rim. then whent though 2 new tubes gettin the damn tyre back on. has anyone else had any problems with continental tyres? there is know way i could have gotten them of trailside and i will be pretty fu**ed if i do get a puncture on the trail

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
try putting some tIres on, then that might work.

but seriously...try some longer tire levers or some soapy water while at home

Last edited:

margam_man

Chimp
Jun 28, 2008
TYRE! here in the uk we spell things correctly. lol. cheers for the help . tried the soap and long tyre levers but still had trouble getting the damn thins on

Mikey_C

Chimp
Jul 19, 2007
whatever you wanna call it.

once you have one full bead on the rim push it to the center of the rim which is recessed. As you put the second bead on pinch it with your fingers so its sitting in the center also. then you should have no prob getting it on

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
i have a set of sunrims on my xc bike and my scott TIRES are a little tight on them because they do have a slightly larger diameter. but if you have tire levers and know how to use them you should be fine. also the owner of the LBS i frequent can put my tires on without levers. i guess that isnt saying much... EXCEPT he only has 4 and a half fingers!!