Quantcast

Tyres

crazyfool

Chimp
Mar 2, 2011
Which tyres are better for street? Maxxis holy roller, DMR moto and Kenda Small block Eight? What's the difference and grips better? This is for street use on a NS suburban. I've seen reviews on the Kenda and Maxxis but both are equally as good but each small detail makes the tyre more crucial for my use. So i don't know which tyre to get. If there are any other street tyre please do recommend! Budget is not important. Just recommend. Thanks guys. And something that can be used in mud.

Last edited:

BeerMe

Monkey
Apr 18, 2008
FOCO NOCO
They're made by Maxxis and you're riding on streets with them. They could be completely bald and made by a 10 year old in a third world country and they'd work all the same for you.
Just pick the trendiest one you see on pinkbike and be done with it.

cdavis

Chimp
May 19, 2010
RVA
before i switched to little bikes I ran holyrollers and never had a problem with them. I did however have some bad experiences with the kenda offerings

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Kendas are heavy as hell, and not grippy enough (at least for me). A friend of mine had a killer deal on DMR Supermotos on CRC, and he's loving them.

On the other hand, I won't exchange my Intense MKII tires for any others. They roll smoothly, have a killer grip and can take the beating of this 210 lbs pig. You can't go with low pressures (they have paper walls), but they work pretty well in hardpack too.