Quantcast

U.S. Open Schedule

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
DHS said:
yea i got the 2nd to last double bed... you can fit 8 people and their bikes in there pretty comfy. anyone else gonna be at the days inn?

but some of the bikes have to be stored in the shower :rofl:

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I just booked a room for me and some Canadians at the Days Inn. I'm pretty sure we got the last room with double beds but the woman told me they still had some rooms with a Queen bed left.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Just wanted to thanks all those who are helping me out. I purchased my tickets a couple days ago and am heading to the Open. See you all there.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
So, I know the only stupid question is the one about to be asked... but, what size tires are people running?

Out West here, I get away with a 2.5 F/ 2.35 R. What do you run for Diablo?

-sunny

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Fury said:
I only run Michelins: would you run a Michelin Spike or a Comp 16 if it rained there?
No no no.
Leave those spikes at home.
Comp 16 if it rains.
Comp 24 if its dry.
I like to run 16's everywhere, but Diablo tends to be hardpacked, and the 24's hook up better.
The course does not get too muddy even in the rain and there are too many rocks for the spikes.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i have big heavy Arrow 2.5 front and rear. and they are setup tubeless. but i'm a wussy rider and just hate chaging flats.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
I have been looking forward to this event for a year (since the day after last Memorial Day, when I left Jersey to return to the Left Coast). Can't wait!

Thanks for the tire advice. Any other helpful info would be appreciated too. I have relatives back East that I'll be seeing, so I'm going out a week early. While I'm out there for the Open, I'll be going to the first series race on May 21. :weee:

See you there!

-sunny