Quantcast

Uncontacted tribe in the Amazon

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
http://www.theage.com.au/world/brazil-reports-sighting-of-uncontacted-amazon-tribe-20080530-2jqd.html
One of Brazil's last uncontacted Indian tribes has been spotted in the far western Amazon jungle near the Peruvian border, the National Indian Foundation said today.

The Indians were sighted in an Ethno-Environmental Protected Area along the Envira River in flights over remote Acre state, said the government foundation, known as Funai.
Can't help thinking that the "world" doesn't really need to know about this.
Wonder how long it'll be before the mobile phone salesmen get there?

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
they are fat and come in funny colors. yay, new minority groups.

can i get an 8 week old red one ? paypal ok?
I think Oprah and Angelina beat you to it already. They'll be out of stock for a while.

Although, for a limited time only, if you purchase a rubber tree you'll receive a free poison dart frog tipped arrow to the sternum.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Someone should drop a coke bottle in the village...
Pseudo deja vu

As a child, I can swear that I once watched a cartoon where an untouched civilization was introduced to bottle caps. As you can guess, they became the new currency and their society was completely destroyed as a result.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Can you imagine how scary it was to see a flying machine? My favorite photo is the one N 8 posted. I feel bad for them, untouched for hundreds (maybe thousands) of years, and now we'll send people in there and f*ck it all up. Maybe they'll get a $100 laptop

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Can you imagine how scary it was to see a flying machine? My favorite photo is the one N 8 posted. I feel bad for them, untouched for hundreds (maybe thousands) of years, and now we'll send people in there and f*ck it all up. Maybe they'll get a $100 laptop
I don't think uncontacted necessarily means that they were unaware of the existence of a wider world. It's most likely they have had contact with other "contacted" tribes.
This article reminded me of the story of a group of Aborigines in Australia, the Pintupi Nine. Their first contact ocurred only in 1984. I remember when they were "discovered". Remarkable.

dancorley

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
Colorado
maybe they have some sweet downhill runs that need cleaned up and we can help them put some lifts in and develop an Amazon Factory Jungle team to represent on the world cup circuit!