Quantcast

under the red.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
i feel your pain.... its been coming down in buckets here in Sammamish.... its only supposed to get worse over the week....

btw theres a double post going on- you prob knew that though

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I've been inside for an hour after spending a couple of hours cutting back blackberry bushes. It was a classic case of "it's not raining so bad" to "it can't rain much harder"...yet somehow it began raining harder...and harder...and even harder.

It's ON!!!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Oly, I spent the whole day in the garage waxing everything up for the up coming season. In my bike gear. I was hoping for any window that would let me get out and spin a little. But, none to be had. Pouring out here all day....

P.S. Got a call from a friend who was just at Styk's picking up a bunch of boards for cheap. Didn't know I knew him. Small world...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Oly, I spent the whole day in the garage waxing everything up for the up coming season. In my bike gear. I was hoping for any window that would let me get out and spin a little. But, none to be had. Pouring out here all day....

P.S. Got a call from a friend who was just at Styk's picking up a bunch of boards for cheap. Didn't know I knew him. Small world...

haha... BOARDS? Let me guess what brand?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I don't know about you guys but I just don't find any joy in being soaking wet and cold and having to do repairs to my bike that wouldn't be necessary if I hadn't gone out in the wet.

Just not that worth it anymore.

Days like yesterday are best for getting everything done that you put off because you were biking and building brownie points for when you want to in the future....

And, you can quote me on that! :banana:

LIPS

Chimp
Jul 19, 2005
Portland
I rode post today and it wasn't raining but it was muddy and slick! Started raining as we finished up. The wood work was really fun:rolleyes: I think I slid all the way down eight track.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
I don't know about you guys but I just don't find any joy in being soaking wet and cold and having to do repairs to my bike that wouldn't be necessary if I hadn't gone out in the wet.

Just not that worth it anymore.

Days like yesterday are best for getting everything done that you put off because you were biking and building brownie points for when you want to in the future....

And, you can quote me on that! :banana:

man, i am sorry, but you guys are weak.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
What are you like 12?
Don't worry, you'll get over it in a few years...
just because i love riding my bike so much that i'd ride no matter the weather makes me 12? have fun waiting for sun to ride your bike mate.:cheers: . not following your logic. besides, my previous comment was supposed to be in good humor.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
what a wet weekend. Made for a hectic work day for me on Saturday. Cooped inside all day long :)

the commute today was awesome though

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
just because i love riding my bike so much that i'd ride no matter the weather makes me 12? have fun waiting for sun to ride your bike mate.:cheers: . not following your logic. besides, my previous comment was supposed to be in good humor.
No, the comment you made and others before that make you seem like your 12.
I didn't wait, I went to where the sun was. At least for a little while. I've ridden and worked on trails in enough downpours to be over it. Not worth it to me anymore and as I said, you'll get over it in a few years. If not, the sensability that comes with age and experience has failed you. But enjoy it now.

And in good humor or not, it was still an asinine comment...

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
I love how this thread broke down to calling people twelve, just like the drops to flat thread. If you like to ride in the rain, then do, if you've ridden way too much in life so that a ride in the rain is a problem, then don't. But please, keep arguing about stuff like this on RideMonkey, because it is just funny stuff. Really! :bonk:

I rode in the light rain and realized that it actually helped me work on some skills that I was over looking. It would be great to have a chat about ridding in the rain. Gear, skills, etc. Oh, and I'm not 12!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
back on topic.... Its still raining....

argue all you want, call people what you want. either way were still gettting advertizing hits for ridemonkey and isnt that what really matters?

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
speaking of under the red, to all you monkeys up in Mt Vernon area or North Bend area hope that you come through the flooding alright. I'll probably be up there sandbagging (no, not cheating at a race) before long.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
not alot of wind. just lots of water.

Im glad i dont have a basement. Im sure theres 4" of water in our last houses basement....
Ya, I'm betting the subpump in our W. Seattle house is getting a workout.

I saw on the news this morning the average rain fall for the month of November is just over 5". We've had 7.57" from the 1st-6th:shocked:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
If it was cold enough there would be a ton of snow on the slopes.

I'm getting some relief from all this rain by going to Hawaii in December :clapping:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I'm getting some relief from all this rain by going to Hawaii in December :clapping:
Rent a mt. bike and do a day of XC. You won't regret it... i had my ex-girl shuttle me up to the top of Halakalea on Maui and rode down the backside of the mountain on Skyline, into some singletrack in Poli Poli, then thru the sugar cane fields into town. 10,000 ft. shuttle woohoo!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Rent a mt. bike and do a day of XC. You won't regret it... i had my ex-girl shuttle me up to the top of Halakalea on Maui and rode down the backside of the mountain on Skyline, into some singletrack in Poli Poli, then thru the sugar cane fields into town. 10,000 ft. shuttle woohoo!
I'm originally from Maui so I know exactly what you're talking about. But I was thinking of bringing my road bike....hmm, maybe need to bring the Turner instead....or both :lighten:

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
No, the comment you made and others before that make you seem like your 12.
I didn't wait, I went to where the sun was. At least for a little while. I've ridden and worked on trails in enough downpours to be over it. Not worth it to me anymore and as I said, you'll get over it in a few years. If not, the sensability that comes with age and experience has failed you. But enjoy it now.

And in good humor or not, it was still an asinine comment...
ok i guess i just haven't realized that riding in the rain is no fun and i've been doing it for my whole life. maybe one day i will reach enlightenment :imstupid:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Dhracer, see, this and the JG comment do lead those of us around here who have been riding for a long time believe that you have not reached that point of enlightenment yet. Dragging a wheel down a snotty slope does damage to the overall bike community because then those that do go to meetings have to take sh!t from the hiker types that use this sort of trail abuse to get us kicked out of places.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't so common.

But, I hear it's possible to aquire it. It's not hard to refrain from where you'll do damage in the short run and do some trail work or ride elsewhere instead.