Quantcast

/\/\ungday GMT\/\/

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I too slept like shit. Been having a run of night terrors. Almost every night for a week now I've been woken by the wife because I've been yelling in my sleep, and then have been unable to go back to sleep. Between that and my ramped up running schedule, I'm exhausted. The good news I guess is that I'm too tired to really want to strangle anyone at work.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Slept really well last night. It would seem that wearing ear plugs lets me sleep really well. The weird thing is that my house is really quiet.

It also helps that I have stopped giving a shit about work. The lack of stress is nice.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Kid slept through the night last night for the first time in about two weeks. though he did wake up at 5:20... whatever, I'll take it.

got out yesterday afternoon for my first lift-assisted ski of the year. it was nice. not too crowded, not too icy, my legs held up. but I have to admit, I'm starting to see why people say telemark is stupid.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning! Nothing like having to snake a drain at 6am. Why did I buy a house again? Ah well, at least I'm totally out of he old place and it's completely clean. Happy for that. Just gotta unpack all this crap and get organized!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Kids took quite a few attempts to get solidly sleeping last night: Mariko had and still has a fever and Yuna is just excited to be up instead of asleep, I guess.

I am excited in turn to try to salvage data from failing HDDs in my Hackintosh, and plop a 960 GB SSD in the machine instead. Spinning media is the worst.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Job offer from Seattle interview in October finally came in. Seattle COL being much more than it is here I needed a pretty decent pay increase to consider. They overshot my required increase significantly.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Wife got a nice bonus, so we bought a new king bed. You don't realize how much your old one sucks. Also, moving from a queen to king has been nice. Actually getting some solid sleep the last couple days.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fuck American Airlines. Abe's wedding is in Puerto Rico in 2 weeks. There is an outbreak of Zika virus that causes massive deformities in babies, if in utreo when exposed to the virus. CDC is recommending that you do not travel to South or Central America if pregnant or attempting to get pregnant in the next year. We're currently trying for round 2.

Because of this, we are cancelling the integrated vacation we were planning on and only I am going. They are charging us $200 each to back out of the flights ($283 flights), even though I am rescheduling 4 days later. I have no choice but to take this flight, so I am stuck flying American at this point. American will be on our "never fly" list after this trip. I will never give them a second chance again.

I'm really tempted to sign up for Twitter just to go write a rant about piss poor service.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fuck American Airlines. Abe's wedding is in Puerto Rico in 2 weeks. There is an outbreak of Zika virus that causes massive deformities in babies, if in utreo when exposed to the virus. CDC is recommending that you do not travel to South or Central America if pregnant or attempting to get pregnant in the next year. We're currently trying for round 2.

Because of this, we are cancelling the integrated vacation we were planning on and only I am going. They are charging us $200 each to back out of the flights ($283 flights), even though I am rescheduling 4 days later. I have no choice but to take this flight, so I am stuck flying American at this point. American will be on our "never fly" list after this trip. I will never give them a second chance again.

I'm really tempted to sign up for Twitter just to go write a rant about piss poor service.
Then don't fly Delta, or United either. They pretty much have all the same policy. I've paid a little extra on Jet Blue as they have reasonable prices for flexible ticketing, but you have to purchase the option ahead of time.

And you seem to be complaining about $283 international flights?

:think:

I hate it when the cheapest thing I can buy doesn't turn out the be the nicest thing I can buy.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Then don't fly Delta, or United either. They pretty much have all the same policy. I've paid a little extra on Jet Blue as they have reasonable prices for flexible ticketing, but you have to purchase the option ahead of time.

And you seem to be complaining about $283 international flights?

:think:

I hate it when the cheapest thing I can buy doesn't turn out the be the nicest thing I can buy.
1. Puerto Rico is a territory, not international
2. We normally fly Southwest, JetBlue, or Virgin. Much better options.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Heater in the Bongshed died. $244 for a new exchanger. Neighbor felt guilty and attempted to repair it. His Brother from Israel is staying there. They put a kerosene heater in there. I wish them luck.... His BO has the whole place smelling bad. His brother won't let him shower or eat in his place. Very weird....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heater in the Bongshed died. $244 for a new exchanger. Neighbor felt guilty and attempted to repair it. His Brother from Israel is staying there. They put a kerosene heater in there. I wish them luck.... His BO has the whole place smelling bad. His brother won't let him shower or eat in his place. Very weird....
It would be easier for you to explain the non weird things in your life.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Doctor's definition of "local" anesthesia includes breathing tube and catheter. Jesus man, just inject some Whatchaocain or get Dr. Daniel to do a consult and drill.