Quantcast

/\/\ungday GMT\/\/

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good afternoon monkeys! I spent the weekend......you guessed it, skiing! PERFECT yesterday, simply perfect. I was up late at a concert last night. If Andy Frasco ever comes to your neck of the woods, go. Super fun.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't have any. There are no screws holding the Motor together, making it impossible to repair. Why the hell would they do that? Never buy Rigid stuff.
Shit is made to be cheap to make, not repair. Go price a nice serviceable industrial quality vac and you will happily save money by buying a new cheap shop vac.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Doctor's definition of "local" anesthesia includes breathing tube and catheter. Jesus man, just inject some Whatchaocain or get Dr. Daniel to do a consult and drill.
I think I would just rather wear a diaper than roll with a catheter. YMMV

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
100%

I think the anesthesia guy needs some ducats. I'm sure his bill will be ishty.
Where and how much material are they removing? I have never had to have any major surgury but when getting my thumb sewn up after trying to split it down the middle with a table saw I got pretty peeved with all the dicking around the doctors were doing to alleviate pain. All the failed digital blocks hurt more than sewing the damn thing up.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Where and how much material are they removing? I have never had to have any major surgury but when getting my thumb sewn up after trying to split it down the middle with a table saw I got pretty peeved with all the dicking around the doctors were doing to alleviate pain. All the failed digital blocks hurt more than sewing the damn thing up.
Mid back. Dermis layer (I guess) about an inch in diameter, then extending the incision at the top and bottom so they have enough skin to stitch a flap together. Seems like overkill on pain management.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mid back. Dermis layer (I guess) about an inch in diameter, then extending the incision at the top and bottom so they have enough skin to stitch a flap together. Seems like overkill on pain management.
Sounds more like a fun afternoon with friends for you.

did you ask if they could install a fin while they are at it? How about some stegosaurus plates?

Most people are fucking pussies and doctors are quick to comply. No wonder a solid chunk of the population is addicted to prescription opiates.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
No wonder a solid chunk of the population is addicted to prescription opiates.
80% of all heroin addicts were initially prescribed opiate pain killers. (*stat from netflix documentary I just watched about MA heroin epidemic).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
80% of all heroin addicts were initially prescribed opiate pain killers. (*stat from netflix documentary I just watched about MA heroin epidemic).
Took care of my mother via Hospice at my house. When she passed I had shit tons of morphine and other opiates on hand. Back in those days I thought drugs were FUN. I hesitated and considered not doing it, but I flushed all that shit. One of the smarter things I have ever done.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
My "that doesn't look good" proceedure was on my left-side upper chest, 1" oblong and about 10-12mm deep, and the Doc gave my lidocaine shot at the site and cut it out in his office. Shit I held the specimen jar for him while he did it. No flap to close, just a hole in the skin which grew back as a not-too-bad scar in a couple of weeks.

Your plan sounds excessive by comparison. That, or my Doc is a hack. Either way good luck!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I agree. Local is as Nick describes. LMA or intubation and a catheter != local, and IMO shouldn't be necessary for a skin excision.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My vet prescribes Tramadol for the dog for anything. Dogs are tough, they don't need it. I am guessing there is a bit of wink wink nudge nudge doing on. Tramadol isn't that big a deal, I think it is OTC in Canada, but still an opiate.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My last major surgery was a re-stitching of my abdominal muscles, from my pelvis to my sternum. Not only did I have what ever the medical equivalent of duct tape and fiberglass is holding my stomach together, but I had a rail road track of staples running from my belt line to about 3 inches above my belly button to pull all the skin back together. I got an epidural for that, which I did not enjoy. I had a "roommate" for a couple nights I was in hospital who was in for appendectomy. Jesus fucking christ did this guy whine, and cry, and moan like a bitch. I saw more than one nurse roll their eyes when walking out after dealing with him. I'd venture he might be one of those opioid to heroin statistics.

I have found, that while I have used such things in the past for pain management, I've generally enjoyed them more for the recreational experience. I once watched a very good friend struggle with, then go cold turkey off of Rush Limbaughs favorite drug. That experience, along with what I recognize as an unhealthy fondness for prescription painkillers myself, has lead me to be absolutely horrified by them. I'll take my chances with the pain, thanks.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was trying to be productive but something in the combination of Word 2016 and this EndNote beta causes both apps to crash reproducibly when trying to add a certain citation.

Not cool, peoples. I'm using this time instead to copy over files from my failing HDDs to the brand spanking new 960 GB SSD after which I'll file the drives in a drawer and start the interminable upload process to Amazon Cloud Drive.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Now on hold w/ Expedia for 35min. I supposedly can transfer, but need to talk w/ somebody for that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got it. $200 transfer fee and $638 dollars additional gets my round trip...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
5 + minutes to leave a message for my nurse. They asked me for my phone number for verification, then asked me what my phone number was so they could call me back, and asked if it was okay to leave a voicemail on my cell. Jeebus.

Anesthesia doc also got a call. She said, oh we don't have to do all the extra stuff. You can arrange that on the day of the surgery with the actual anesthesiologist. FFS.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I once reset a broken ring finger myself while on heavy beernesthesia. Finger was dangling about on the back of my hand and sharp bits of bone were being pokey. I was able to think straight enough to understand a trip to the ER would take quite a bit of time to relieve what was some pretty intense pain. A good drunken yank put things in good enough order for me to wait a few days to get to an orthopedic surgeon.

Beernesthesia may have had something to do with why the finger was broken.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Asked nurse about doctor's order. I said I remember him saying local. She says "local and a little to make you sleepy." That sure doesn't sound like a tube in my throat and my dick. How about you use big boy words and accurate terminology. I'm not paying for anesthesia school because you monkeys can charge my insurance more. About ready to cancel the surgery and rage-die of skin cancer. I don't want to live on this planet any longer, so it seems like a win-win solution.

Asked nurse about doctor's order. I said I remember him saying local. She says "local and a little to make you sleepy." That sure doesn't sound like a tube in my throat and my dick. How about you use big boy words and accurate terminology. I'm not paying for anesthesia school because you monkeys can charge my insurance more. About ready to cancel the surgery and rage-die of skin cancer. I don't want to live on this planet any longer, so it seems like a win-win solution.
The last time I got a colonoscopy I said fine, no sedation. My primary care physician was a little disoriented by the request, but set up an appointment. Discussed it with the physician who performed the procedure, who was OK with it. The set up the rigging (IV) so they could sedate me if I started thrashing about. I didn't, and drove myself home.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The last time I got a colonoscopy I said fine, no sedation. My primary care physician was a little disoriented by the request, but set up an appointment. Discussed it with the physician who performed the procedure, who was OK with it. The set up the rigging (IV) so they could sedate me if I started thrashing about. I didn't, and drove myself home.
Outstanding.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I've gotten the boroscope in both ends. I'd rather be out for both of them.

+Valium :weee:.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Taking it like a̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶ goatse

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Doctor's definition of "local" anesthesia includes breathing tube and catheter. Jesus man, just inject some Whatchaocain or get Dr. Daniel to do a consult and drill.
my grandmother had one scraped off her forehead.....pretty much down to the skull...lidocaine.