Quantcast

Upgrading an Argyle 302

pedalmunky

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
So I've got an Argyle 302 and I was wondering if I could install the Motion Control damper. I've never taken the lowers off of this fork, so I don't know its internals too well, but could I just buy the damper assembly from BTI and drop her in? Or is that just too easy?

Anybody do this upgrade?

Leon94

Chimp
Dec 10, 2007
McLean, VA
I assume you never disassembled a fork before. I once serviced Rock Shox foks (replacing oil), which involved removing lowers, replacing oil and seals. If you can follow directions carefully and have the right parts, I would say go for it, but make sure you study the service manual until you understand the internals and steps so that you won't make any mistakes, mistakes that might be irreversible.

The reason I point out how critical the procedure is, because you have a $400 fork to work with as appose to a $150 fork.

pedalmunky

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Actually, I have serviced my forks before (an old Psylo, a Revelation and a Pike) but I haven't pulled apart the Argyle yet. But I was planning to lower the fork and figured I might as well upgrade while I had her in the stand.

I know the only difference between the 302 and 318 is the Motion Control damping, but it can't be as simple as dropping in the MoCo assembly, right? Life's just not that simple.

Anyone?