Quantcast

ups strikes again

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Seriously, I am going to bankrupt UPS with my insurance and refund claims.

THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED, NO ATTEMPT WAS MADE TO DELIVER AS SCHEDULED

What the hell is wrong with these people? Overnight AM delivery package..and the truck MISSES it????

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Overnight AM delivery is just code for: 50% chance of being lost or run over.

I just overnighted some parts last week. They were well packaged in a WOODEN box. 3 out of 8 parts where scraped as something puntured the box and bent the 3/16" aluminum plate. Of course UPS blames it on poor packaging.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
UPS does suck. At work over the last 3 mos or so UPS has dropped the ball too many times to want to use them again. True...don't go with early AM......that one has the greatest chance of being lost or misdirected.

FEDEX has dropped the ball a few times too but at least they'll admit it was their fault.

What can brown do for you?? It will bend you over.....

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Edgy said:
UPS does suck. At work over the last 3 mos or so UPS has dropped the ball too many times to want to use them again. True...don't go with early AM......that one has the greatest chance of being lost or misdirected.

FEDEX has dropped the ball a few times too but at least they'll admit it was their fault.

What can brown do for you?? It will bend you over.....
and brown all over your face...

:stosh:

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
united states postal service- aka "the post office" is the best. in over 2 years of online transactions worth thousands they have never lost a package, never damaged a package, and they always deliver ontime plus its very inexpensive compared to ups,fedex,dhl etc.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
we should just have a "Couriers suck" sticky thread.

my experiences with UPS has mostly been late deliveries, or slow deliveries. FedEx has been deliveries left without signature, or "F. Door" signing for it.

USPS is best, and fastest, for small goods. their tracking system is horrible, though.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I agree with the others. The USPS has been pretty good and cheaper than the others recently. I overnighted a frame from Michigan to California for $37 with insurance. I couldn't even ground ship it with UPS for that price. And it got there in 22 hours.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
bballe336 said:
united states postal service- aka "the post office" is the best. in over 2 years of online transactions worth thousands they have never lost a package, never damaged a package, and they always deliver ontime plus its very inexpensive compared to ups,fedex,dhl etc.
same here...lately I have been shipping some pretty high priced items and USPS has had the best track record...but true their tracking system sucks...I use the other big 3 but I find myself using USPS more and more...D

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Everything i ship goes out with usps. On smaller things its usually 2-3 dollars cheaper than taking it to ups. Bigger stuff its usually close to being equal. But out of everything ive shipped they havent yet lost anything. so thats probly a little over 20 packages in the last year thats actually gotten there.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Back in my road racing days, a bunch of us worked at UPS loading and unloading trucks. Great money and three-to-four hour shifts left me plenty of time to train.

Anyway, I was unloading a trailer of computer monitors bound for IBM. My superviser ran into my trailer yelling at me about being too slow. I was carrying these monitors from the back of the truck to the conveyor, which only reached halfway into the trailer.

He grabbed a montor and threw it toward the conveyor. It bounced off and hit the trailer deck. As he was leaving to yell at the next unloader, he said -- "That's what we have insurance for -- now haul ass, goddamnit."

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
USPS has been real good in my experience, DHL as well (for larger packages). I refuse to use UPS and only use Fedex if I can't find anything else.

-Adam

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
skyst3alth said:
USPS has been real good in my experience, DHL as well (for larger packages). I refuse to use UPS and only use Fedex if I can't find anything else.

-Adam
Because USPS and DHL have partnered together. I've gotten 2 DHL envelope packages in the last month. They drop off at the post office and the next day they pop it in your mail box!!!:thumb: And yes, that is the truth...their tracking software lists the transfers so I'm not making this up.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
USPS and Canada Post seem to be the best up here. UPS routinely goes to the wrong house or doesn't show up, then you have to go to the depot (which, even though I live in a major city) is a 45 min drive in traffic. The Post Office I pick my stuff up at is a 3 minute drive.

Actual complaint call:

Me: My package was supposed to be here by 5pm, where is it?
UPS: Hmm.... did you still need it by 5pm?
Me: Yes, I have a race tomorrow and I need the parts.
UPS: Hmm... but do you really need it??
Me: Yes..
UPS: Well, let me call the driver but I'm not guaranteeing anything - you may have to pick up the package later tonight if the driver makes it back in time for you to do so.
Me: WTF
UPS: Right, thanks for calling UPS!

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Brian HCM#1 said:
I've never had a problem with ups, it's probably because they don't like Canada. ;)
No, I don't think they do.

I've never had good luck with them. Unless it's a small box that's packed perfectly, you're risking it.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
oh I worked for UPS for 3 days during the holiday not too long ago. Unless you can package something good enough to have it tossed, dropped, punted, stacked upon and flip/roll/bowled down a conveyer...you haven't packed it good.

Basicly, whatever it is...think to yourself...what would I do...in a hurry...in the back of a tractor trailer...by myself....with a guy pushing boxes down a chute at me...at 9pm at night....when I wanna get home...with this next 100 boxes coming down the line.

Oh, and the smaller they are...the further you can toss them.....FYI! :thumb:

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
chicodude01 said:
UPS is brown.

Brown is the color of crap.

Notice a pattern here?

Maybe it is just me and Brown, but everytime something is delivered by them and I am counting on getting the package they **** something up or have bad luck. They let me down today again. :eviltongu

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
bizutch said:
oh I worked for UPS for 3 days during the holiday not too long ago. Unless you can package something good enough to have it tossed, dropped, punted, stacked upon and flip/roll/bowled down a conveyer...you haven't packed it good.

Basicly, whatever it is...think to yourself...what would I do...in a hurry...in the back of a tractor trailer...by myself....with a guy pushing boxes down a chute at me...at 9pm at night....when I wanna get home...with this next 100 boxes coming down the line.

Oh, and the smaller they are...the further you can toss them.....FYI! :thumb:

so true so true... 2 other guys on Drummer Racing work for UPS
ups is great cause of the bennies. i can race dh all summer snowboard all winter and not have to worry about getting hit with a huge med bill just incase i injure myself. i busted my nose last fall it cost me like $15
ups is bad cause of the poor working conditions 110* trailors in the summer and the crappy equipment.
I really dread going there everyday.Some boxes take the brunt of my frustration. Other boxes with the words SINISTER printed on them for instance get more love and care than those damn hazmats

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i personnelly hate fedex much more then UPS. fedex destroyed a h-bar of mine and never contacted me or the reciver. also they lost a fork of mine twice to 2 2-week periods. also they have crush more than one box of mine.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stinsonblvd said:
UPS just f-ed up my friends super 8 during shipping-bent swingarm. How the hell do you bend a swingarm on a super 8 during shipping?
you didn't see what they did to an ALL STEEL server tower i had. A 16 bay steel tower..this thing was no joke...they totaled it, resulting in a $1600 claim by yours truly. Thank you, break again.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
BMXman said:
same here...lately I have been shipping some pretty high priced items and USPS has had the best track record...but true their tracking system sucks...I use the other big 3 but I find myself using USPS more and more...D
yeah their tracking system is absoutely hopeless. but when i send a package coast to coast in 3 days i dont worry about tracking becuase i know it will get their its guaranteed. i have shipped at least 20 packages from massachusetts to california in the last year. they have all gotten their in 3 days or less. and ups charges 2 times as much for 10 days. when i am waiting for 10 days i would get anxious and want to use the tracking. but 3 days is no big deal.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Transcend said:
you didn't see what they did to an ALL STEEL server tower i had. A 16 bay steel tower..this thing was no joke...they totaled it, resulting in a $1600 claim by yours truly. Thank you, break again.
I know what happened. THe conveyer belt is over 20 feet high as it routes boxes to different trucks..and the floor is concrete. When the boxes get backed up and Bubba don't hit the stop button, the next box decided it wanted your boxes spot on the conveyor and pulled a "Wade Bootes" :devil: