Quantcast

Upstate NY - Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo Riders Email Listserv

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Not to weewee on your wheaties, but what would be the point of that? Email distribution lists are address collectors for spammers. If places like RM don't have a localized enough forum, someplace like jacksonpt's www.cycle-cny.com does...

Jank

Chimp
Jul 4, 2005
Spam filters handle spam. And you can subscribe with a free yahoo email if your that paranoid and somehow have managed to have a spam free email.

The point of it is to get more people to ride with my group so we will go slower and I can keep up. :)

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Ive been beaten with the fact that rochester and syracuse is not upstate. its central new york. know too many people there (present forum members excluded) and if you told them they live in upstate, they would give you teh :rolleyes: :confused:
"we dont live in Plattsburg"

Jank

Chimp
Jul 4, 2005
Everything north of Manhatten is upstate to people outside of NY, so that's where i get that from.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Jank said:
Everything north of Manhatten is upstate to people outside of NY, so that's where i get that from.
That makes no sense... you're not addressing this post to people outside NY, so who cares what they think.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Jank said:
Obviously I do. Now go get a life and stop being so anal.
I'm not being anal, I just don't understand your rationalization. And as for the get a life thing... I'm not the one searching websites for people who will be my friend and go riding with me.

Regardless, the last thing I need is more freakin e-mail. I think you'd have more luck posting your rides on messages boards like this one and inviting people to join you rather than trying to do the whole e-mail thing. I've done both... IMO the web thing is far better than the e-mail thing, especially considering how much territory your trying to cover.

Jank

Chimp
Jul 4, 2005
The advantage of a email list rather then forum:
1) You can set the email list to distribute one email a day or a week in digest form. You can even select yahoo groups not to send you mail and u can view it like a forum on the website. There really is no difference.
2) You don't need to constanly keep checking the forum to see if there were any updates
3) There are so many forums on most forum sites and you have to search for ride postings which means sifting thru "spam" essentially.

There are advantages to both forms of communication I guess.

However, I do understand where you are coming from. I did not know about Jackson's site and it does appear to be well done. Thanks for the link.

Sorry about the anal, get a life, or paranoid comments. Just having a rough day at work and people nit picking the term "upstate ny" musta twitched the wrong fuse. Now that is almost 4:30 and I'm about to go golf, things are looking better. :)

Have a good weekend, maybe we'll meet someday and you can throw a stick in my spoke for payback.

Take care.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Golf?! I'll throw a stick in your spoke just for being a golfer.

A good rule of thumb around here is not to take stuff too seriously, welcome to the monkey :)

Jank

Chimp
Jul 4, 2005
You will be golfing in another 20 years when that's all you CAN do effectively still. :)

I'm just getting a head start so I can woop you when you start and take all your money in bets.