Quantcast

URBAN Downhill race, Ensenada Mexico.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Welcome to the rest of the world pretty much.

People in the US feel superior to the rest of the world, but apparently they cannot take responsibility for their own actions.

"I burned myself with coffee that is in the cup that warns me of the danger but I will sue the company anyway."
Get it straight job thief, the cup warns you because someone sued.

Check yo PMs

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Welcome to the rest of the world pretty much.

People in the US feel superior to the rest of the world, but apparently they cannot take responsibility for their own actions.

"I burned myself with coffee that is in the cup that warns me of the danger but I will sue the company anyway."
Not to start a PD argument here, but our liability laws help to prevent all sorts of bad things, like exploitation of workers, toxic dumping, etc; which all occur in the 3rd World.

The flip side, of course, is idiot Americans suing because mommy didn't tie their shoe laces correctly, and that we can't have a cool urban race here in America...

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Not to start a PD argument here, but our liability laws help to prevent all sorts of bad things, like exploitation of workers, toxic dumping, etc; which all occur in the 3rd World.

The flip side, of course, is idiot Americans suing because mommy didn't tie their shoe laces correctly, and that we can't have a cool urban race here in America...
Whoa.
Negative on starting a PD. I don't remember saying anything about not needing liability laws...

I think that is why I gave an example of
idiot Americans suing because mommy didn't tie their shoe laces correctly
... Not all the other legitimate examples that you expressed above.

Aha, so yeah. There are rumors that the finish line will be at the Papas 'n Beer in downtown Ensenada.

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
I'll plan on being there; just have to dig out my leathers and remove brake from bike.... I wonder how the Saturday practice scene is going to be on a "live" course? I want to get a couple of runs in before THEY make me start drinking.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Alf, that looks to be a HOT race course! I'm down to go, I can't wait! It's right before the Fontana Annual race, so it'd be a great warm-up, if I don't crash! lol I need to learn to be a little less aggressive and I might actually get to win a race. haha

You can count me in as being a part of that caravan headed down. Do you know if Manny is gonna go and if he'll be settin up some accomodations, or what's gonna happen with that, do ya know?

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Manny you can count me in for the caravan! I think Andy will be down for it also, so we might take my car down there. But my car is lowered, so we'll have to see.

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
I'll be manning the first Caravan down to Ensenada on Friday November 10th. We're going to meet in San Diego at 10am and depart at 10:30am.

Location: Burger King off 'E' Street in Chula Vista. If you're coming from the north, exit 'E' Street and go right. BK is on your immediate right.

Time: 10am

There is an Mexico Insurance facility right next door to the BK if you want it. Try the internet from some pricing.

Please email me with any questions.

Manny V: ffatbiz@aol.com

www.FFAT.biz :banana:

skate

Chimp
Aug 19, 2006
I'll be manning the first Caravan down to Ensenada on Friday November 10th. We're going to meet in San Diego at 10am and depart at 10:30am.

Location: Burger King off 'E' Street in Chula Vista. If you're coming from the north, exit 'E' Street and go right. BK is on your immediate right.

Time: 10am

There is an Mexico Insurance facility right next door to the BK if you want it. Try the internet from some pricing.

Please email me with any questions.

Manny V: ffatbiz@aol.com

www.FFAT.biz :banana:
Why is the train leaving two days early. Is there going to be practice the day prior to the race or is it just for the party.

Do you have a practice schedule and possible race obsticles (besides the potholes)? How long is the course?
What are the directions if we go on sunday?

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
That sounds feasible. But how many people would be going surfing with him? It wouldn't be much of a caravan if it's like him and one or two other cars. Most people will probably be leaving with us on Sat. morning.

What time do you think would be a good time to meet up on sat? like 8am? earlier? later?

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
That sounds feasible. But how many people would be going surfing with him? It wouldn't be much of a caravan if it's like him and one or two other cars. Most people will probably be leaving with us on Sat. morning.

What time do you think would be a good time to meet up on sat? like 8am? earlier? later?
8am sounds about right. I'm thinking Manny will be running a one-man caravan if he leaves on Friday.

MadDHer

Monkey
Mar 8, 2006
Does anyone know the current terrorist threat level? Last time I checked it was orange, I wanna be sure before I cross the border.

Tomorrow morning I'll get a tetanus shot so I will be cool to venture into the 3rd world. Are you guys bringing water and food? Who can be the translator?