Quantcast

Urban mtb artsy shot....

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
What makes a uniquely focused image "artsy"? Can a "normal" biking picture not be artsy? I consider any photography to be art at one level or another, but I wouldn't say just anyone can focus on a different part of the picture and its suddenly artsy. That, in addition to proper exposure, good composition, and creative angles CAN make a nice shot, but its not suddenly a work of art because its different. That said, I like the pic posted by stinky a lot.

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
T-Pirate said:
That, in addition to proper exposure, good composition, and creative angles CAN make a nice shot, but its not suddenly a work of art because its different. That said, I like the pic posted by stinky a lot.

They like me... they really like me.

Good points, not only the subject, but the composition of the subject, and the way it makes your eyes move around the image is more important.

Dwaughs shot is totally cool... But I keep looking at the trashcan, and the photo obviously isnt about a trashcan, which distracts you from the true subject, the cyclist. It makes the cyclist look like 'just part of the background' Blurry or in focus, black and white or color, if the subkect isnt cleary defined, it just becomes confusing.

But, they great thing about photography is that anyone with a camera can do it. Post as many as you want. I'll critize, as I would expect anyone else to do of my work.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
=[Stinky]= said:
Dwaughs shot is totally cool... But I keep looking at the trashcan, and the photo obviously isnt about a trashcan, which distracts you from the true subject, the cyclist. It makes the cyclist look like 'just part of the background' Blurry or in focus, black and white or color, if the subkect isnt cleary defined, it just becomes confusing.
My friend took that shot, I'm the cyclist. :)

And now the face behind the absolutely brilliant image that you have all stared at in awe ( :rolleyes: )..... I dont know who took this picture, but it's a great depiction of him. (I found it in the hundreds of digital yearbook pictures that I was sorting through in class) You've seen him in my videos, now look... not so stylish? :sneaky: He didnt know his pic was taken.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
While the trashcan illicits a somewhat static feel the railing gives the feeling of tension as the rider gives an expectation of a result not yet realized. Taken as a whole it's an amazing display. ;)

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Bullitrider said:
While the trashcan illicits a somewhat static feel the railing gives the feeling of tension as the rider gives an expectation of a result not yet realized. Taken as a whole it's an amazing display. ;)
Ahahahahaha, best critique yet!

Shyrmp, good pics!