Quantcast

Urge

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Hi there, I put a nasty gouge in my D2 Carbon and im in need of a new Helmet.

Im interested in Urge. Does anyone know where I could find any sizing Info? Also I was wondering if anyone is running one with a Leatte GPX Moto.
Thanks.

Also thoughts on the Down o Matic would be great. Personally I think its Sick.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
damn, thats fugly
But they are bio friendly ;) Im pretty sure if that became a trend in snowboarding it will become in bikes wherever it can.

Though they are really popular in France. Live they look better, though still kinda funky.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
I guess its personal preference cause I think its cool looking and im one picky dude when it comes to bike style. Maybe I hit my head harder then I thought though.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Ya my shop stopped dealing with TLD so im not sure how to go about that, its a 3 year old Lid to.

Soooo back to the original question.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Hi there, I put a nasty gouge in my D2 Carbon and im in need of a new Helmet.

Im interested in Urge. Does anyone know where I could find any sizing Info? Also I was wondering if anyone is running one with a Leatte GPX Moto.
Thanks.
Contact Jason Schippers at Royal Racing; he is the Urge distributor here. He should be able to help with sizing (I found no sizing chart on the Urge website) and has probably worn one with his Leatt enough now to tell you about that too.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
At first i hated the vents. The rest of the helmet is so sweet though its all growing on me. And although I've never broken a visor, the flexible idea is great

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
I think they'd make more money selling replacement visors for all the other leading brands as it would appear there's a lot of hate for the helmet design. I've broken a few visors and would love one that was unbreakable like that, plus with the fancy wind tunnel tested air ports for reduced drag.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
It's not like TLD is making the most visually appealing helmets the past few years either. Plus, you see the kits these kids like to wear.... I'm sure they'll sell plenty. I'd rock one if I needed a helmet.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
I called the hotline today, they do Crash replacement up to a year. I guess after a year the materials in the helmet must become more brittle or something.
Im stuck between the CF TLD D3 and this Urge. The pricing on the Urge is whats calling my name, im defenitley not saying it looks better then the new D3s, that would just be ludacris.

jasons

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Denver CO
As Doug mentioned I started another company beside Royal to be the exclusive distributor of Urge helmets and Brake Authority disc brake pads and rotors in the US. The Urge helmets were a huge hit at Interbike. They are different from what else is out on the market and I definitely don't see this as a bad thing. As far as sizing goes, The S/M fits a 54-57CM head and the L/XL fits a 57-60CM head. All helmets come with different size pads so that you can get the exact fit you are looking for. I have been running my Down-O-Matic with a Leatt and it works great. Feel free to email me at jason@southshorebicycles-usa.com if you have any other questions. The Down-O-Matic will retail for $179.95 and the Endur-O-Matic will retail for $99.95. You can get one on order through your local shop now if you want. They will become available towards the end of November.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
As Doug mentioned I started another company beside Royal to be the exclusive distributor of Urge helmets and Brake Authority disc brake pads and rotors in the US. The Urge helmets were a huge hit at Interbike. They are different from what else is out on the market and I definitely don't see this as a bad thing. As far as sizing goes, The S/M fits a 54-57CM head and the L/XL fits a 57-60CM head. All helmets come with different size pads so that you can get the exact fit you are looking for. I have been running my Down-O-Matic with a Leatt and it works great. Feel free to email me at jason@southshorebicycles-usa.com if you have any other questions. The Down-O-Matic will retail for $179.95 and the Endur-O-Matic will retail for $99.95. You can get one on order through your local shop now if you want. They will become available towards the end of November.

Thanks man, thats the info I was looking for.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
I'm diggin the look of these helmets.... The Endur-O-Matic would be great for trail use...
This PA boy just wishes that it was avail. in more (read: larger) sizes to fit my noggin.

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
I am thinking about a new helmet and can get the urge prety cheap, so besides the ugly-nes does anyone have anything else to say against it?

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Yup... now for every one of the "lightweight full face helmet for AM and Trail riding" threads that are out there....something about beating a dead horse?
There will be at least one more option out there other than the MET Parachute....

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I find the XS/S TLD D2 a little tight. Would a small Down-o-matic fit a little bigger or smaller?

anyone?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yeah... Who needs a D3? EVERYBODY has them, except for everybody who has a D2.

I'll be the guinea pig. Word is they fit a bit small, and that works for me. And carbon is 'spensive, and I bust 'em.