Quantcast

URGENT ALERT: My Jeep was stolen this morning

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Oops, hey guys.. the jeep was found. If it's a little asian dude drivin it, don't shoot him yet, because that would be me - I don't want you guys gettin into trouble :P I posted updates in that thread with msdhw. Feelin a little empty but I'll live, at least the biggest part is still there. Everybody take care of their belongings.

disasterarea

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
looks like a late reply but after lurking the RM these last few weeks, the first thought that came to my head was - hope his Karpiel wasn't inside the Jeep.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Sheriff called me.., 5 hours or so after it got taken.

Darren said:
They found it around 11:00 today. The good part is that most everything is in tact (car wise). The bad part, I've lost over a grand worth of goodies. I went for a ride yesterday and had all my stuff in the car afterwards, since I was too tired to take everything out. I thought I would have been ok, but I guess not..

Stuff they stole:
RF 600w amp
Kicker Comp 12" sub
My entire craftsman toolbox set plus a bazillion misc. tools I had in there
Burton snowboard boots
Both pairs of gloves
Both helmets
Body armor
All my CD's
An air freshner
Discman
Power inverter
A beanie
Canon A85 digital camera

Probably a bunch of misc stuff in there. If any of you happen to see some suspicious items on ebay or craigslist, please let me know. The kicker sub is in a squarish box, not the ones that you guys have seen. It's a closed box with a cover on the sub. Burton boots.. I'll have to dig up a pic. RF amp is a 600watt amp, and it's actually pretty compact. I also lost my goggles as well. Both helmets are azonic, and the body armor is rockgardn. Craftsman toolset is in a black box with red drawers, I'm sure some of you have seen it. They sell it at sears.

Thank you for all of your thoughts though. I have the biggest part of it back, and I guess that's what I care most about.
I'm very grateful to have my jeep back. It means I have a way of transportation to school and work. However, I've kind of lost alot of pride and hope.. but life can be much worse. It's up to me to pull myself out of this crap.

Dec 6, 2004
Santa cruz Mountains
Ouch.. that sucks, i got my CDs stolen from my backpack at school i felt so empty, I cant imagine what you must have felt like when you found out your jeep was gone along with all your crap in there.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Low B, I think I'm going to see if homeowner's will cover it. It happened at the house, so I'm pretty sure I can get somethin back for my stolen goods.. something is better than nothing.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
this same thing happend to my cousin. he got his car back, but nothing was in it. Because it was stolen at his house it was all coverd. so it should be coverd for you too