Quantcast

used bike help

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The guy is claiming its an 03 but its an 02. He also says he road it trail and XC but it has a Azonic Loveseat on it and an MRP. Come on... Im thinking the guy is full of it. I really want to buy it for my wife though. I sure wish someone in the area could have a look at it for me. Anyone???

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Kanter said:
The guy is claiming its an 03 but its an 02. He also says he road it trail and XC but it has a Azonic Loveseat on it and an MRP. Come on... Im thinking the guy is full of it. I really want to buy it for my wife though. I sure wish someone in the area could have a look at it for me. Anyone???
Looks pretty clean though, I can see why you still want it.

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
1, so all of us that have posted are over in the Santa Cruz area. Hawthorne is near LA. Bit of a drive. maybe try posting ion the Socal forum or over on www.mtbr.com or there are even some socal specific websites

2, this guy is saying he won't ship until your check clears. Understandable from his point of view, but what if it is a scam, and you are up in Montana? I haven't used e-bay, so maybe there is a recourse for this? Maybe a shop in his area would broker the deal and ship the bike for a small fee, like a consignment sale...

El Santo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2002
the 'burbs of SF
I lived and MTB'd in LA for 7 years, and I've never heard of this guy. Try here. Lots of good people on that site, which is socal-specific. Someone there is bound to know this dude.

Still, misspellings and 'SIMILAR KONA SANTA CRUZ' are a bit red-flaggy. I can understand your caution.

Still, good luck to you. The Fly is a great frame.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I did call him. He told me it was in great shape. He said he used it as a xc/trail bike with a single crown. I call BS with a short seatpost and Azonic seat.. plus the MRP. He sounded like a nice guy but you can never tell. The bike is an 01 or 02 and he claimed it was an 03. I have an 03 and the stickers are different and the headtube badge is different. Also, the polished rear triangle makes it an 01 or 02.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
Kanter said:
I did call him. He told me it was in great shape. He said he used it as a xc/trail bike with a single crown. I call BS with a short seatpost and Azonic seat.. plus the MRP. He sounded like a nice guy but you can never tell. The bike is an 01 or 02 and he claimed it was an 03. I have an 03 and the stickers are different and the headtube badge is different. Also, the polished rear triangle makes it an 01 or 02.
call him on it and see what he says?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Well, I got the story. The front triangle was replaced. The rear is an 01 and the front, he claims in an 03. He said he rode it at MT Wilson a few times and that is why he has a MRP. He ran a Zoke Z1 so he claims, again. I just dont feel right about it. I guess Ill just have to pass unless I can find someone in the area to look at it. Its just too sketchy to spend $900 on a used frame from someone that no one knows. Oh well...