Quantcast

USGP Cross Finals

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Looks to be a good cross race this weekend in Portland, Oregon. We might get snow!! I have class this weekend, so I can't race :( The crowds last year were rowdy and drunk, it was great fun. There were some guys that had a hot tub that used a wood stove to heat the water :p
linky: http://www.velonews.com/race/cyc/articles/13740.0.html

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
You don't want to trudge through the snow? :) I have to drive to Southern PDX for class and its going to be hell. The people up here don't know how to drive in the snow (and we are supposed to have snow showers today)

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
all i have to say about that race and that course is **** that. its not the mud that i have a problem with. that course ****ing blows

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
no. you go race there and realize exactly what it is i'm talking about.
the uci board pretty much laughed @ that course during the 04 cx nationals course (the exact course they raced on this year and last) when the promoters wanted that spot to be a uci world cup. and you know what, i couldn't agree more with them. it is stupid.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
no. you go race there and realize exactly what it is i'm talking about.
the uci board pretty much laughed @ that course during the 04 cx nationals course (the exact course they raced on this year and last) when the promoters wanted that spot to be a uci world cup. and you know what, i couldn't agree more with them. it is stupid.
What are you talking about? This USGP race was at a different location last year, it was at Hillsboro Stadium. The guys that organize the races up here do a top notch job and have great courses, I suspect they will get their request for a world cup. There is a rumor all of our races will be UCI races next year.....rightfully so, we have the biggest series in the US

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
the guys who promote those races are great. brad ross is an awesome guy. i wasn't attacking him, all i said was the course at that race way is not fun. the mud isn't the problem. you race there you know you're going to deal with it. but design that course so that it flows better.
biggest series in the US doesn't mean the courses are the best....

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
the guys who promote those races are great. brad ross is an awesome guy. i wasn't attacking him, all i said was the course at that race way is not fun. the mud isn't the problem. you race there you know you're going to deal with it. but design that course so that it flows better.
biggest series in the US doesn't mean the courses are the best....
For those off you that don't remember IB - let it be known that he has an opinion on everything :clapping:

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
fair enough, I have raced every course BUT the raceway....I thought you were making a generalization that their courses suck. I've heard the world cup rumors, but I haven't heard what venue they would hold the race at. We had a race at the Astoria fairgrounds this year, and that would be a good option (big area, lots of parking). I'm sure the raceway could handle the volume of ppl as well

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
nope just saying that one sucks. it would be fun if it were dry but it's not and probably never will be. just my opinion *shruggs*
i think the only way a portland/westcoast UCI world cup would really work is if the one in providence were held on the weekend after or before. that is a LONG way to travel from europe and would really have to be worth it, ie start money, deep purse....

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah, they would probably do it like the mtb world cup used to....a week apart.