Votes: 3 6.3%

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
My wife is now seeing a naturopath. Pretty much a last ditch effort as 7 years of seeing "conventional doctors" is doing nothing.....just stronger and stronger pain meds....all the way up to and including marijuana, (derivatives anyway).

But the guy she's seeing is a PhD in biochemistry. He seems to be a better diagnostician than your average MD. He's been poring over her old test results and he's claiming he's seeing tons of stuff that was missed, (both US and Canadian doctors).

It's only been a few weeks. But what he's "prescribing" is having a positive effect. It's largely nutritional/supplements. But he is also associated with an MD if he needs a "real doctor's" input.

So far so good I guess.....I would hope so for $150/hr.....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
and we probably always will...I'm ok with that:monkeydance:
You still haven't answered my question.

What works? How do your kids stay healthy and disease free aside from dumb luck and the fact that other kids around them are lucky enough to be vaccinated?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
You still haven't answered my question.

What works? How do your kids stay healthy and disease free aside from dumb luck and the fact that other kids around them are lucky enough to be vaccinated?

If you're really interested google them...Christian Scientist...but I don't want to turn this thread into a whole religious debate...D
come on H8R..I already posted this...it worked for me and my family for the first 22 years I practiced it...and I grew up in a poor neighborhood where many parents didn't bother with vaccinations....D

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
come on H8R..I already posted this...it worked for me and my family for the first 22 years I practiced it...and I grew up in a poor neighborhood where many parents didn't bother with vaccinations....D
The truth is, if you have a good immune system genetically, good diet and get sleep- the odds are in your favor for survival. Canadians are healthy, underworked oxes!!! (I don't really mean that and I am jealous of your lifestyle. If only your weather was warmer:)

We really get vaccinated to protect the weak and for financial reasons of productivity time loss through sickness. Most of us don't want our offspring to be weeded out through darwinian diseases that we have cures for.

Remember how many exploreres would kill entire villages on accident by bringing a disease the endigenious people never had exposure too??

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
The truth is, if you have a good immune system genetically, good diet and get sleep- the odds are in your favor for survival.

that's partly some of my beliefs....I think people take to much medicine as it is...as a result their immune systems learn to rely upon the help and thus get weaker in the process...Either that or the person in question wants to take the easy way out by taking medicine instead of eating right and taking care of themselves properly...D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
thanks I knew you were a level headed open minded kind of guy...D
I'm open minded. Refusing good medical science is close minded. Hoping your kids don't get sick and then rationalizing it as a reward of faith is pretty close minded if you ask me.

Seriously, good luck to you and your kids.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I'm open minded. Refusing good medical science is close minded. Hoping your kids don't get sick and then rationalizing it as a reward of faith is pretty close minded if you ask me.

Seriously, good luck to you and your kids.

not a good way to get a Darwin Award...

:(

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC

This thread is cooked.

BMXman - I sincerely hope that nobody gets any sort of nasty disease. I'm glad that dumb luck has worked for you so far. :(
yeah me and millions of other people are just LUCKY...I mean come on is it that hard to accept that there are people out there that don't believe in the same system as you...you act like this is the first time you have heard of it...D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
it's easy to accept that other people believe different things. that doesn't make those other things any less bat-**** crazy.

:homer:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I just figured it out, Kurtz was visiting a village of Christian Scientists:D

Apocalypse Now said:
Kurtz: I've seen the horror. Horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that, but you have no right to judge me . It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face, and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and mortal terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies.
I remember when I was with Special Forces--it seems a thousand centuries ago--we went into a camp to inoculate it. The children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us, and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile--a pile of little arms. And I remember...I...I...I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out, I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it, I never want to forget. And then I realized--like I was shot...like I was shot with a diamond...a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, "My God, the genius of that, the genius, the will to do that." Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they could stand that--these were not monsters, these were men, trained cadres, these men who fought with their hearts, who have families, who have children, who are filled with love--that they had this strength, the strength to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, then our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral and at the same time were able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling, without passion, without judgment--without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us.
I worry that my son might not understand what I've tried to be, and if I were to be killed, Willard, I would want someone to go to my home and tell my son everything. Everything I did, everything you saw, because there's nothing that I detest more than the stench of lies. And if you understand me, Willard, you...you will do this for me.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
yeah me and millions of other people are just LUCKY...I mean come on is it that hard to accept that there are people out there that don't believe in the same system as you...you act like this is the first time you have heard of it...D
Bro, people here are not beating up on you. Vaccinations work and have saved hundreds of thousands of lives.

Yes elements of western medicine are less effective than others, but it's like the development of technology. Some stuff we have down and other stuff we haven't yet. The vaccines we are talking about are firmly within the former category.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Just out of curiosity, where are all thse places that don't use "western" medicine primarily? Certainly no place I've ever been to.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
They did find a link regarding immunizations... don't get them and your kid can get sick. Shocking.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/579800

US Measles Increase Due to Declining VaccinationsOf the 131 measles cases reported to the CDC′s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases this year, 112 were either unvaccinated or had unknown vaccination status. At least 15 children, including 4 younger than 15 months, were hospitalized, but no deaths were reported. Two thirds of the cases did not receive the measles vaccination for religious or philosophical reasons, according to the MMWR report.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's about personal choice! Why do you hate freedom so much?

Dumb Cunt said:
“Listen, to each their own,” she said. “I understand both sides of it. I’ve ready too many books about autism and there’s some scary statistics out there. It’s our personal choice, and, you know, if you’re really concerned about your kid get them vaccinated.”