Quantcast

vail dh trails

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
question for you riders that have ridden vail this year. It's been a couple years since I've ridden there. Are there any [good] trails that hook up magic forest to any of the lower trails such as bad simba or mane lane? Or are you stuck with riding down the access road to get to the lower trails?
And finally, mane lane is a new trail to me. Is it any good?
Thanks in advance.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i just got back from a lax tournament their and rode the trails when i wasnt boozing it up or playin, they are sick the new course old nine or somethin like that hooks directly up to magic forest and is uber gnar core. its real steep, really loose and has lots of lines in it with many little drops and jumps.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
dexter said:
i just got back from a lax tournament their and rode the trails when i wasnt boozing it up or playin, they are sick the new course old nine or somethin like that hooks directly up to magic forest and is uber gnar core. its real steep, really loose and has lots of lines in it with many little drops and jumps.
Dexter,so this "old nine" is just below magic forest? Is it a legal trail?
Anyone?

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
SIN said:
Havent been there yet might go this weekend. Is it worth the drive or just go to keystone?
My experience has been you have to mix it up between the two so you don't ride the same stuff all the time. I think it is worth it. Nice and flowy normally. Fun Stuff!

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Motionboy2 said:
New trails!? I knew it would be a bad year to sell the DH bike!
Josh, you can probably ride most everything at vail on your carbon/fiber road bike, and smoke us all!

Anyone else have some more details about new stuff at vail?

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
from what i hear they have people wating on the pirate trails and if they catch you on them it's a two year boot... weak.

the legal trails are awesome this year. they are also planning a ton of stuff for next season.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
WhiteRavenKS said:
from what i hear they have people wating on the pirate trails and if they catch you on them it's a two year boot... weak.

the legal trails are awesome this year. they are also planning a ton of stuff for next season.
WhiteRaven, can you share any more details about vail's new trials? Like do they connect up well, what they're like?

Yea, they use to have the best pirate trails of all the resorts, but don't get me started on that rant again.

flexlarson

Chimp
May 24, 2004
yankton south dakota
Just returned from VAIL . Wow great time for me.
I went with a couple buddies who ended up bailing on the Magic forest AND MANE LANE TRAIL.
Like the guy said lots of steep Loose root infested descents followed by killer Jumps.
I had a blast. I rode Vail about 3 years ago and dont remember it being that hardcore.

I ran Magic forest and mane lane and another trail not listed (Local guy showed me) Im still sore from tumbling down the entrance to mane lane. Picked a bad line.

Id go back.

If you get a chance hit Game trail. It heads off to the right a little past the wedding area. It rocks . LONG technical downhill with some small jumps.
Only thing sucks is a little bit of a road ride back to the lift.

Be sure to check out the hotties at the Pasta shop . Camille or something like that ,. :)

Id like to get a couple guys from IOWA ,South dakota to head out sometime soon. All split gass and take my suburban or rent a van . Who knows.
Fri ,Sat,Sunday

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
flexlarson said:
Just returned from VAIL . Wow great time for me.
I went with a couple buddies who ended up bailing on the Magic forest AND MANE LANE TRAIL.
Like the guy said lots of steep Loose root infested descents followed by killer Jumps.
I had a blast. I rode Vail about 3 years ago and dont remember it being that hardcore.

I ran Magic forest and mane lane and another trail not listed (Local guy showed me) Im still sore from tumbling down the entrance to mane lane. Picked a bad line.

Id go back.

If you get a chance hit Game trail. It heads off to the right a little past the wedding area. It rocks . LONG technical downhill with some small jumps.
Only thing sucks is a little bit of a road ride back to the lift.

Be sure to check out the hotties at the Pasta shop . Camille or something like that ,. :)

Id like to get a couple guys from IOWA ,South dakota to head out sometime soon. All split gass and take my suburban or rent a van . Who knows.
Fri ,Sat,Sunday
Flex, thanks for chiming in. Couple of questions: the wedding area? If your at the top of the gondola, looking down the mountain, where is the wedding area? Are all the trails you rode "resort marked and approved "trails?
Does a new trail pick up where magic forest end? Thanks in advance.

flexlarson

Chimp
May 24, 2004
yankton south dakota
From the top of the gondola looking up or farther up the mountain take a right and go up the hill a little off to the right, You will see it. Its an approved trail. Just follow it down, About halfway down you can go right or left, Stay right if you want the same type of riding or go left and you end up with some steep stuff.

As for the other trail I cant exactly remember.
Its Not marked)
Anyways good luck. If I head out again . Well have to ride.
I ride a Old 95 john deer green Stumpjumper M2 frame with tripple clamp Downhill fork,Spin Rear wheel,Race face cranks,DH Bars. etc etc .
I used to do lots of cross country stuff but think that the DH stuff rocks,I love not having to ride up the hills'

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
okay, I think I know what trail you're talking about; if it's the same one, it drops you down to west vail, and you ride the frontage road and bike paths back to the gondola. That trail goes by many names. It use to be different untill someone [town of vail] took a chainsaw to all the log jumps across it a few years back.
Thanks. Give us a holler if you come back this way.