Quantcast

Vandals Strike at Cunningham Park (Queens)

bastard4life

Chimp
May 9, 2008
The Rotten Apple
This past Sunday evening, a motivated crew of vandals came through the Cunningham trails and wrought total destruction upon the west side Jetline jump line and east side Thrilla skills section, pulling out all the rocks, toppling every lip and landing and knocking down every berm. There are work parties set up for Thursday 12/2 and Saturday 12/4 from 10am until dark. Please come lend a hand if you can, and help spread the word.

http://nycmtb.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7803

http://www.climbonline.org/

Last edited:

alfonz

Chimp
Jan 28, 2008
NYC
wow that's a major bummer, i was just there this past sunday an they were fine!! i shall try to come out an give a helping hand!

Today we fixed the play station on the east side.

We need to keep an eye out and talk to anyone in there who is not riding a bike. Just say hi and ask them that you want to let them know that someone is vandalizing the trails and the local civic association is asking everyone to report suspicious activity to 311.

I saw two heavy set guys in their mid to late 30's, one of them had a long black pony tail, they were walking three dogs one was a black standard poodle, one was a light bulldog, the other had saddle bag pack on. After that the jetline was damaged again...maybe just a coincidence but if everyone talks to the people you see in the park they will know they are noticed.

Get strangers descriptions and license plate numbers.

We will also need to have folks who live nearby just pop in to have a look around late afternoon till just after sunset.

BTW a bobcat tractor was in the park today, they are asphalting the ramps to the bridge...they are supposed to repair the ruts they made before they leave. They thought the approaches to the bridge were too dangerous. So there will be a soft sloping ramp.

Next day is Saturday...then after that we will need everyone in there keeping watch!!!!!