Quantcast

Video/ Pics Vertical Earth DH Race Course Thread / Blue Mountain PA

SeatPost

Chimp
May 17, 2009
Philly, sort of
Yeah that was Ted, I was the guy with him with the other raw 951.

Love the Pic's from this event. Solid stuff, I hope that all the events this mountain has have something like this.

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
Hey, Ted - were you the dude I was talkin' to in the pits about tires?
Yeah bro, that was me. Glad to have met you and all the education you gave me on rubber. I hope to see you again soon. Looking forward to GES this weekend. What's next on your agenda?

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
Vertical Earth Gravity Games #2 Wrap Up
Vertical Earth Gravity Park at Blue Mountain Ski Resort
Danielsville, PA

The third weekend of the new mountain bike park being open, the first of five downhill events kicked off. The racecourse chosen for the first track was the super fast and flowy " Miles of Smiles. " Racers from Michigan, Ohio, Massachussetts, attended for the first event and killed the course with times as fast as 2:16 ! That's 1082' with your ears poppin' !
With the forecast for the weekend being sketchy as usual, Blue Mountain prevailed with dry weather for the weekend. The course was a bit greasy as the trusty trailguides took first tracks on Saturday morning. As the day progressed, a little breeze helped to tack up the track while racers started to let 'er eat ! All the riders and racers seemed to be stoked with track and everyone picked their lines for Sunday.
With Registration coming to end and Pro Racers James Ford, Alejandro Ortiz, Jon Gabor, Ethan Quehl, etc. showed up for the Pro showdown. No women for Pro this round but we did see the most women total ever ! Ethan barely pulled out first from James Ford with Alejandro picking up third for the Pro Class.
Thanks everyone, including Sicklines, for coming out and sending it!, over the weekend. We look forward to the next race at the First Annual Blue Mountain Fat Tire Festival July 24th and 25th. We will be hosting the VEGG#3 with DS under the lights Saturday night and DH on Sunday. DH Pro Purse $1800 DS Pro Purse $1200 :thumb: Kenda, Jamis, Fox, and more with bike contests, kids activities, etc.:weee:
:

For results, current series standings, race photos please visit:

http://verticalearthpa.com

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
2:16? how? I was timing myself around the 3:25 mark without pushing it at 100% on saturday. Not sure how ethan took off another minute??

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
2:16? how? I was timing myself around the 3:25 mark without pushing it at 100% on saturday. Not sure how ethan took off another minute??
yea idk. Ford won pro with a 3:13, second place was off that by about 3 seconds.

edit: those were results i saw listed after the race sunday. apparently there were issues.

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
It was 3:16 my bad with the typo and Ethan won barely with Ford in second. Small issue with timing but corrected manually. For anyone with knowledge about timing we use a system with a back up so all the times are legit. We did have a couple we had to fix but they are fixed. Race course was sick and the next course should be even better. Thanks !

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
You said you know the height of the mt, any chance you also know the length of the race trail? It would be interesting to know average speed that the top racers were hitting.