Quantcast

Vigor Vamoose II Fiberglass helmet?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I bought a 661 Bravo a few days ago and I like the way the Vamoose fits better. I got the Bravo at cost since the bike shop is closing so oh well.

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Last year I had a the carbon Vamoose and it was awesome. Fits nice and protects well. The regular fiberglass one should be fairly light too. This year I have a 661 Bravo. I like the looks and price better. It also seems like a beefer helmet.
-J

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
I just won a chrome one at the Firestone DH race, haven't ridden with it yet but it fits well and looks pretty fast. it's no D2 though. bastards. why couldn't they have been giving away $300 helmets instead of stupid $100 helmets!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
merrrrjig said:
Carbon helets r dumb, there just a little lighter and ur screwed with one small hit
you know what ...I would have bought that argument up until 3 months ago, if I didn't now own 3 of the 5 major DH specific helmets in the last 3 seasons. Bell Bellistic (the good one from a few years ago that was really solid, not hte cheap one they have now), the Giro MadMax in '04, and now a Troy Lee D2. Side by side my D2 and Giro have the same amount of padding, bulk and protection..if anything, the D2 seems to be more solidly built than my Mad Max and I know for a fact the face guard is stiffer and has more protection....and if you fall on the back of your noggin or the top of it...a porrly cut sapling can't go through the a big gaping hole like the Madmax and puncture my cranium.

I got a D2 for the pimp factor, but as soon as I slid it on my head, I now trust it as much as any Dh helmet I've had in the past, if not more.

As for the Vigor...I can't say honestly how it will hold up. If you like it and you trust it...get it.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
merrrrjig said:
Carbon helets r dumb, there just a little lighter and ur screwed with one small hit
All helmets should be replaced after a hard crash regaurdless of what they are made out of.... well unless its an MX helmet.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I've been using Vamoose II's for the past few years. Both are pretty banged up from many crashes... I have a Vamoose Carbon on order.

Most important to me - they FIT, whereas every other brand I've tried doesn't.

:thumb:

p.s. - the sizing seems to run a tad big, IMO.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I proved this weekend that you can faceplant in a Vigor Vamoose, and have the whole helmet shift to where the top part of the helmet is covering your face, and the face mask is up against your throat. The cool part about this feature is that you can still hear your riding buddies laughing at you through the vents when you stand back up. :blah:
I still have an old Vamoose (not a II) from years ago that I wear on hot XC like shuttles. Its flexier than a Romanian gymnast on a yoga mat, but it has been around for years.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Jeremy R said:
I proved this weekend that you can faceplant in a Vigor Vamoose, and have the whole helmet shift to where the top part of the helmet is covering your face, and the face mask is up against your throat. The cool part about this feature is that you can still hear your riding buddies laughing at you through the vents when you stand back up. :blah:
I still have an old Vamoose (not a II) from years ago that I wear on hot XC like shuttles. Its flexier than a Romanian gymnast on a yoga mat, but it has been around for years.
and worst case scenario, that hippy we took along can use it to "hide his weed in".... :rolleyes: