Quantcast

Virgina Race (Poor Farm)

mikec918

Chimp
Aug 22, 2001
Virginia
Race went as expected almost. Starting out the Eundro Class was cancelled as only 2 people showed up:mad: So had to change my plans and do the Cysdale Shorts race. Since I had 2:45 mins to wait for the race start I went out to recon the course. Great 11 mile course consisting of 99.5 percent single track, with lots of short quick climbs. Pretty much a middle chain ring course. Well finished my recon lap and waited for the race to start. Start went good, though it was little late, we were the last class to go. Pretty much raced within myself and not against the other guys, just trying to make time lap goals which I manged to beat by 5 and 15 minutes finishing in just over 2:40 minutes while still feeling fresh despite avg 85 hrt for almost 3 hours. Pretty sure I could of covered 45-50 miles if the 6 hour race had gone off.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
That sucks the enduro was cancelled!!!! At least you had ans option to race the other race. Sounds like a fun course with 99.5% singletrack - as long as there are places to pass. Good job, glad you had fun!

kestrel

Chimp
Sep 4, 2001
I raced in Beginner 19-26 and thought it was a fun course... Too bad about the enduro, I can't believe more people weren't racing enduro--the other classes were pretty big.

Places to pass were few and far between--but actually helped when I had a guy breathing down my neck for the last 2 miles or so. The slower guys in front of me gave me a chance to rest for the sprint at the very end...