Virginia grade schoolers accidentally served alcohol at lunch

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Kids Visit Margaritaville
Virginia grade schoolers accidentally served alcohol at lunch
TheSmokingGun.com | 29 Sep

SEPTEMBER 29--Earlier this month, the staff, faculty, and Board of Trustees at Virginia's private Alexandria Country Day School had a Mexican-themed dinner complete with some tasty margaritas. For some reason, the leftover hooch was placed in a school refrigerator. You can probably guess what's coming next. On September 10, the booze was mistaken for "limeade" by school workers and actually served at lunch to students in the third, fourth, and fifth grades. The below letter from school head Alexander Harvey was sent home with the kids. The margarita mixup came after the school ran out of milk and apparently had no negative affect of the students, who "sipped it and said that it didn't taste good." They're young, they'll learn. An embarrassed and contrite Harvey promised that booze will now be banned on campus and all faculty parties will be held off-site.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
From the Washington Post article...

"It was tequila and margarita mix, to be precise, left in the refrigerator in a pitcher and mistaken for limeade by kitchen staff, who poured it into small cups and served it to children as a lunch treat, he wrote.

Some youngsters didn't like the smell and declined; others took a sip and declared it "gross," according to parents and Harvey."

Youngsters in my town only drink top shelf :devil:. Margaritas as a "lunch treat" - kids are so spoiled these days :D .

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
I don't know what the big deal is over this situation. A mistake was made, and it appears asthough it was handled professionaly. A sip of alcohol isn't gonna hurt a 10 year old. Only in North America would this story even make it to the papers.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Curiouscaptian01 said:
hahaha sounds like a good lunch.... kids at my school would drink excessive amounts and then the rest of the day would be better.
Truth. This kid in my stat class was passing around a waterbottle of vodka today. During a test, no less. Cliche, yes. Funny, definitly.