Quantcast

Virginia & Surrounding Areas Stickies...Any ideas?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
We have an boatload of stickies in this forum, and they all seem to have some relevant importance. Any ideas as to which can be un-stickied and which should be?

The photo thread seems to be real popular, and it would appear that the request was made, albeit in a round about way, to re-sticky it...

I know the race stuff I keep stickied because everyone refers to them for info....

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
set a time limit on how long a sticky stays up without a reply. If nobody has replied in say a month or so it needs to go.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
I say leave the posts up till the info expires (seasonal stuff). Rather than have the same stickied pages up for two years we should take them down at the end of the season and have fresh ones put up for the next season.
As far as the photo threads and things like that............I think Denjen is on the money.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I say leave the posts up till the info expires (seasonal stuff). Rather than have the same stickied pages up for two years we should take them down at the end of the season and have fresh ones put up for the next season.
As far as the photo threads and things like that............I think Denjen is on the money.
I agree, and the photo page should stay since it is an ever going archive for all visitors and members to see.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
There are quite a few.... The two massanutten ones; would go after the race, I guess? The Snowshoe update could go as soon as the "updates" have been finalized, pricing and so on, since they will be easily found on the www.ride.snowshoemtn.com website... just thoughts....

(edit: however the snowshoe update thread could also be used afterwards to post pictures and info on what trail updates are being made)

I think the race stickies should go after each race weekend is completed and then a new stickie of info before a next race is started. That way people can get their info and be done with it. It does seem a little crowded in this thread

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i say have a stickie for each race. combine the 2 massanutten ones. i actually vote for the photo and foce one to be updated (as in started all over) there are alot of very old pics in there. i would say have a photo stickie for all the races/local_rides. have a where and ho to open trail stickie that covers all the related threads. they don't seem to be all that active to be honest.

thats my thoughts on the subject. i think that means like 5 shickies which is less then the current

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
why the hell was this made a stickie. a stickie about stickies classic. kinda like at work when we have a meeting about an up coming meeting:lighten: