Quantcast

Vision Productions Colonnade edit

NOOP

Chimp
Apr 26, 2007
Nice!

That was a good video. It would be cool to have seen a couple more lines, but overall... great job!

mini-dub

Chimp
May 21, 2008
Yeah we were really pressed on time for getting the enough of it shot since my buddy and I were leaving for college. We only had 2 days where we had enough time to both get out and shoot. Thanks for the compliments though!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
But, yep, a lot of stuff missing.

Also of interest was the rainy spring video. I assume that perhaps you all are also involved with the unfinished upper line a mile or so away from there"? Any plans on finishing that or allowing other to do so?

And, nice beer can marker for the exit of another. ;) P.S. Don't just leave all your tools on the trail or the next time you come out to dig, they may not be there. (A word from the wise...) The next one through may not be ask kind as I was. (Moved them off the trail to the sides.)

Wow....I thought it was awesome.

Very well edited, nice flow. Some people are saying you missed some stuff, but I saw way more than any other collonade video I've seen. Most vids just show the big kicker over, and over, and over, and over again. And the music was cool too, no earbleeding, profanity laced crap.

Refreshing and entertaining, well done. Two thumbs up.
Thanks

mini-dub

Chimp
May 21, 2008
But, yep, a lot of stuff missing.

Also of interest was the rainy spring video. I assume that perhaps you all are also involved with the unfinished upper line a mile or so away from there"? Any plans on finishing that or allowing other to do so?

And, nice beer can marker for the exit of another. ;) P.S. Don't just leave all your tools on the trail or the next time you come out to dig, they may not be there. (A word from the wise...) The next one through may not be ask kind as I was. (Moved them off the trail to the sides.)
Haha I have no idea what you're talking about regarding the rainy spring video or trail work on some line ~1 mile away.

Thanks for the kind words people :cheers:.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
That's some top shelf work.

i want to criticize the intro being long, but it's hard to complain about it because it was so well-made.

So i would say your only weakness is your editing, which isn't a bad thing. If you create really good shots like you do, it's hard to pull stuff out because it doesn't suck. Which if all your camera work sucked it's easier to pick and choose.. Does that make sense.

So anyways i hope you take that as the compliment i'm trying to make.

mini-dub

Chimp
May 21, 2008
Hmmm, looked like another video from you on Pink Bike of some local stuff. Oh well...
I made a quick video of some south seatac stuff that's on pinkbike, but it wasn't rainy or spring which leads me to believe you're thinking of a different video. No worries though.

Skookum - Yeah I see what you're saying. I feel the intro is a little too long as well considering the length of the riding segment, ideally when we were first thinking of what we were going to produce for our first shot at making a video, is that we would shoot at a few different places around the area and put them all together, which would make the intro more reasonable in proportion to the riding segments. However, we ran out of time to shoot before leaving for college so we were only able to get the colonnade segment done. I figured I'd put it up anyways though.

You say the only weakness is the editing, do you say that because the intro is too long? Or some other reason. I like getting feedback from people in the form of constructive criticism because so few people actually give you real feedback. Considering this is the first shot at actually producing anything, I'm not going to take offense. Thanks for the compliments though!

Now I'm in Boulder and cant find sh*t for downhill and freeride stuff around, so I've resorted to learning how to dirt jump right now (which isn't nearly as fun to me, and it's much more boring for being creative on shooting video).