Quantcast

Visiting Summit County

Phreaddy

Chimp
Jul 5, 2001
New York City
The wife and I are going to Frisco next week for vacation. Last time we were there, we had trouble finding decent x-country rental bikes. Anyone have any shop recommendations?

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Phreaddy said:
The wife and I are going to Frisco next week for vacation. Last time we were there, we had trouble finding decent x-country rental bikes. Anyone have any shop recommendations?
Breckinridge and Keystone rent bikes. Just go pick one up there and head out somewhere.

I think there are a few other places that rent bikes in Breck, call around, check the internet (ie google.).

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
There are few shops that rent decent XC rigs, Racers Edge in Breck I think had the best selection. Mountian Sports Outlet in Silverthorne has Fuel 70's, I can't remember what Christy's or Recycle Ski and Sport rent.

Your best bet is to locate a shop that has Demo bikes. They can be hard to find but they will be better bikes. Most shops just have lowend bikes for rent.

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
They demo Yeti and Santa Cruz. A Racer's Edge might also be a good option. Both good shops run by good folks.

MM