Quantcast

Visser Claims Final Overall Victory In EnergieWacht Tour

Oct 20, 2009
<p>HTC-Highroad's Adrie Visser achieved overall victory in the EnergieWacht Tour in her home country of Holland on Sunday. Visser moved into the overall lead after winning stage three of the four-day race on Saturday, and then finished safely in the main pack on the last stage.</p><p>
</p><p>
"This is my first stage race victory as a pro and to get it in Holland makes it even more special," a delighted Visser said.</p><p>
</p><p>
"Today [Sunday] wasn't about winning the stage, the important thing was about me taking the leader's jersey all the way to the final finish line."</p><p>
</p><p>
"I have to give a big thank you to everybody on the team for looking after me so well."</p><p>
</p><p>
"[HTC-Highroad team-mates] Charlotte Becker, Emilia [Fahlin] and Evelyn [Stevens] all worked really hard for me during the stage, and Ina [Teutenberg] found me in the bunch and guided me through the last kilometer, which was really difficult and technical, to make sure I was ok."</p><p>
</p><p>
Visser said the battle to get the stage win and the lead on Saturday had </p><p>
helped her and her team-mates raise their game even higher on Sunday.</p><p>
</p><p>
"We did very well yesterday when we didn't have the perfect cards to play, and we had already shown our strength."</p><p>
</p><p>
"Having fought so hard made us all feel extra motivated for today, and I have to say the race went perfectly. It's certainly something to celebrate!"</p>

More...