Quantcast

Voting for (urp) Biden and Harris (barf)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
This was actually a really damn good speech.

I couldn’t make it a minute in. Unless trump magically creates a campaign point that directly, significantly, and immediately impacts me, then Joe has my vote. This assumes Joe doesn’t have some crazy skeleton pop out of his closet. No campaign jibber jabber is going to make me feel better about what I am going to do.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
This was actually a really damn good speech.

It was a good speech. IMO during this candidacy run, his best to date.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
This assumes Joe doesn’t have some crazy skeleton pop out of his closet.
Rest assured the trump campaign, RNC & Russians will parade MANY theories and accusations of possible wrongdoing, potential crime and certain satanic cannibalism in the weeks leading up to the 3rd.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Rest assured the trump campaign, RNC & Russians will parade MANY theories and accusations of possible wrongdoing, potential crime and certain satanic cannibalism in the weeks leading up to the 3rd.
vlad is already trying to figure out how to get some extra skeletons in there.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
My predictions: Trump will bring up Tara Reade and where is the "Me Too" movement that jumped all over Kavanaugh? Hunter Biden and his billion dollars dealings with the Ukraine & China with quid pro quo to having a prosecutor looking into this deal fired (Joe said it himself onstage). Not addressing the violence in Portland & Seattle, why nothing was mentioned about that during his acceptance speech. Trump will try to get him off script to try and rattle him.

I thought he was going to struggle last night reading off the teleprompter, & he definitely did not. The question is if he's asked questions he's not prepared to answer, how will he do?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Trump will surely be tempted to do all of those things, but he would be an idiot to raise the topics of sexual assault, nepotism, or proximity to crime.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My predictions: Trump will bring up Tara Reade and where is the "Me Too" movement that jumped all over Kavanaugh? Hunter Biden and his billion dollars dealings with the Ukraine & China with quid pro quo to having a prosecutor looking into this deal fired (Joe said it himself onstage). Not addressing the violence in Portland & Seattle, why nothing was mentioned about that during his acceptance speech. Trump will try to get him off script to try and rattle him.

I thought he was going to struggle last night reading off the teleprompter, & he definitely did not. The question is if he's asked questions he's not prepared to answer, how will he do?
the problem with any accusation drumpf lobs at biden he himself has committed, with greater frequency and to a more egregious degree.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Trump will surely be tempted to do all of those things, but he would be an idiot to raise the topics of sexual assault, nepotism, or proximity to crime.
IMO, this is completely wrong.

He is an idiot, and he will.

And those same things, to much more egregious degrees, won't matter to his supporters.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
. Not addressing the violence in Portland & Seattle, why nothing was mentioned about that during his acceptance speech. Trump will try to get him off script to try and rattle him.
last I saw, the violence was a direct result of Trump’s black booted thugs, and his lack of police oversight into abuse. If the buck stops at the President’s desk, why did he fail to manage it? All the chaos is under HIS watch!

We will wait and see at the debates, unless Trump tries to weasel out of it, which would be par for his lack of integrity and character. I am sure he will do just fine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Like this?

Crosspost

Forbes: leftist rag ammirite?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would love to see a study where people are given platform declarations from two hypothetical candidates to see how people vote according to their own political affiliation. Mix shit up like having one group read a pair of platforms with no party affiliation descriptions, one with affiliations and another where they are swapped. Discuss only practical political topics and avoid emotional hot button issues like abortion or gun control.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I would love to see a study where people are given platform declarations from two hypothetical candidates to see how people vote according to their own political affiliation. Mix shit up like having one group read a pair of platforms with no party affiliation descriptions, one with affiliations and another where they are swapped. Discuss only practical political topics and avoid emotional hot button issues like abortion or gun control.
Abortion. Guns & Bombs. Blacks & Mexicans*. Gender identity and sexual preference. Taxes.
That’s all that maters.

*Mexicans as a term for any dark skinned person from south of California. Nobody bickering about immigration cares about Asia, Europe, Africa, or Canada.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Abortion. Guns & Bombs. Blacks & Mexicans*. Gender identity and sexual preference. Taxes.
That’s all that maters.

*Mexicans as a term for any dark skinned person from south of California. Nobody bickering about immigration cares about Asia, Europe, Africa, or Canada.
Don't forget the Syrians.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
last I saw, the violence was a direct result of Trump’s black booted thugs, and his lack of police oversight into abuse. If the buck stops at the President’s desk, why did he fail to manage it? All the chaos is under HIS watch!

We will wait and see at the debates, unless Trump tries to weasel out of it, which would be par for his lack of integrity and character. I am sure he will do just fine.
Actually the violence was well before Trump sent in the Fed's. They were sent to protect a government building where some were vandalizing as well as trying to burn down. The Fed's only took physical action when they were being attacked, like with rocks, bricks bottles fireworks for example. I believe at least 3 officers risk complete blindness from some of the troublemakers were shining lasers in their eyes. Several of your little protesters are no angels and at the actual root of the problem.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Actually the violence was well before Trump sent in the Fed's. They were sent to protect a government building where some were vandalizing as well as trying to burn down. The Fed's only took physical action when they were being attacked, like with rocks, bricks bottles fireworks for example. I believe at least 3 officers risk complete blindness from some of the troublemakers were shining lasers in their eyes. Several of your little protesters are no angels and at the actual root of the problem.
This is rubbish. We’ve all seen the hundreds of videos of police and whoever these jackbooted thugs are initiating violence against peaceful protesters.

It seems most of the protesters who are being violent are either right-wing provocateurs (the utterly delusional boogaloo bois etc) or people who themselves have been subject to violence of American ‘society’. Similarly, many peaceful protesters have been maimed, blinded and such by these fascist cops.

Your proclivity to side with authoritarian violence over genuine social justice is just ugly.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
This is rubbish. We’ve all seen the hundreds of videos of police and whoever these jackbooted thugs are initiating violence against peaceful protesters.

It seems most of the protesters who are being violent are either right-wing provocateurs (the utterly delusional boogaloo bois etc) or people who themselves have been subject to violence of American ‘society’. Similarly, many peaceful protesters have been maimed, blinded and such by these fascist cops.

Your proclivity to side with authoritarian violence over genuine social justice is just ugly.
I see lots of this talk on the right. Lots of blaming the left for inciting the violence. So much he said she said.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I see lots of this talk on the right. Lots of blaming the left for inciting the violence. So much he said she said.
It is a cheap and obvious tactic to avoid talking about the actual issues at hand, of course. Donnie’s whole schtick is just waffling and tilting at windmills, ignoring and distorting, and it seems that under the atmospheric pressure of 2020’s reality, it is all the right have left to say about anything.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It is a cheap and obvious tactic to avoid talking about the actual issues at hand, of course. Donnie’s whole schtick is just waffling and tilting at windmills, ignoring and distorting, and it seems that under the atmospheric pressure of 2020’s reality, it is all the right have left to say about anything.
Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
- Jean-Paul Sartre

I guess, in this case, replace "anti-semite" with MAGAt, and well, there you have it.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

Yes, the videos that are produced, of course it fits the whole narrative. Just like the George Floyd death. His friends went home unharmed that day. He put up a fight which resulted in his death. Did he deserve to die for such a petty crime? Absolutely not! However the whole video was now release that shows everything that lead up to his death. Before rushing to judgement, one must see everything that leads to these matters. Again, Floyd's death was unjustified, sad thing is if he complied from the beginning, he would be alive today.

Yes there are a some bad cops out there, I'm not denying it. Once things settle down a bit, see if you can go on a ride along with a police officer in an urban area. I'm willing to bet, you'll gain a lot more respect for the police and what some have to deal with on a daily basis. Trust me, some things are not pretty.

Here is a little fucktard trying to light building on fire. This is what police are trying to protect. Remember this type of violence was going on well before the feds were sent. If there was peaceful protesting there would not be police being aggressive, two sides to every story. Problem is, this is right smack dab in an election year and the left is doing everything in their minds to make Trump look the villain. It will be interesting once the election is over and if Biden wins, how much of what happened leading to the destruction & violence gets out. Time will tell.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
If cops weren’t racist dicks, there wouldn’t have been any protests.
If American society wasn’t inherently racist and built on the original sin of slavery, then cops wouldn’t be racist dicks, and there wouldn’t have been any protests.

I am encouraged by the stamina of the protesters. I hope you can start talking about reparations, and other meaningful changes but a quick glance at the comments in Fox, even the NYT and here, also shows there is a long way to go before people understand that we are all 99.9% identical. We are all humans. It’s that simple.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Problem is, this is right smack dab in an election year and the left is doing everything in their minds to make Trump look the villain.
If you are not by now crystal clear that Trump is absolutely, 100% the villain-in-chief, I literally don’t know what to say to you. I try not be absolutist but in this case I cannot see a single redeeming feature, word or behaviour coming from this odious human stain.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If you are not by now crystal clear that Trump is absolutely, 100% the villain-in-chief, I literally don’t know what to say to you. I try not be absolutist but in this case I cannot see a single redeeming feature, word or behaviour coming from this odious human stain.
You have to understand how absolutely entrenched the faux news 2nd parralel reality is here. I know you do but Brian doesn't see the same things you do. And even if he does, he's already long ago programmed to doubt straight up, unaltered video. He's literally both the target, and the product of making money off disinformation. He really does believe this shit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
[

You have to understand how absolutely entrenched the faux news 2nd parralel reality is here. I know you do but Brian doesn't see the same things you do. And even if he does, he's already long ago programmed to doubt straight up, unaltered video. He's literally both the target, and the product of making money off disinformation. He really does believe this shit.

And will continue to do so until he finds another ideology that he thinks will put a few more dollars in his pocket.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
While the financial benefits are a nice coinciding motivator, I do think you're vastly underestimating the power of dullard gullibility in the equation.

I know you're not. I just wanted to say dullard.

I find this helps move the conversation for some.

dullard: a stupid or unimaginative person