Quantcast

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
hey didja know joe is middle class? from scranton? he used to drive a forklift @ home depot & moonlight at madge's diner washing dishes

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"shout out"? was gwen supposed to give palin street cred for that?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
joe said "article I" defines the office of veep.

coulda sworn it was article II

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
joe said "article I" defines the office of veep.

coulda sworn it was article II

Article 1, Clause 4: Vice President as President of Senate; Voting Power

The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.

Wiki elaboration:
Section Three provides that the Vice President is to serve as President of the Senate, although in practice, the Vice President usually presides over the Senate only when a tie in the voting is anticipated. Neither the Vice President nor the full-time President pro tempore of the Senate preside over the body's routine sessions; instead, the President pro tempore typically deputizes a junior member of the assembly to fill the role. As a non-member of the assembly, the Vice President has no vote unless the Senate is equally divided, in which case the Vice President has what is called a casting vote. This is as contrasted with the Speaker of the House, who has always been chosen from among the Members of the House of Representatives,[38] and as a Member of the assembly can vote to both make or break a tie. This provision is typically seen as one of the "checks and balances" built into the U.S. Constitution, whereby the 3 branches of the federal government (Congress, President, and the courts) are given the ability to influence the others. In this case, the Vice President's ability to preside over the deliberations of the Senate and (more importantly) break tie votes, presumably in favor of the presidential administration's preferences, allows the Executive Branch to influence the behavior of the Senate (and, consequently, Congress).

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
He spent time in a cage. He knows how to win a war! A Nukular war perhaps.
he is qualified for apart in a remake of mad max: beyond thunderdome.

natalie portman sums up my feelings for palin..

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
he is qualified for apart in a remake of mad max: beyond thunderdome.

natalie portman sums up my feelings for palin..

no longer available.

got to be a new u2b yank record (& i was all prepared to break it seeing that it was her)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no longer available.

got to be a new u2b yank record (& i was all prepared to break it seeing that it was her)
jewish/arabic phrase meaning "your mothers vagina".

it was so cute when she said it.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
she can't think of her own ending statement, so she's going to quote someone else. and the statement had nothing to do with anything she said during the debate.

edit: also is it just me or did she wink a little too much. i find it hard to trust a politician that winks a lot

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
she held her own, which is to say, no deer-in-the-headlights or awkward clumsiness. just the usual evasion & folksie "charm"
Yep. Didn't actually answer a question but far from the train wreck that many (including myself) were expecting. Lots of fluff and light on substance though.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
she held her own, which is to say, no deer-in-the-headlights or awkward clumsiness. just the usual evasion & folksie "charm"
:shocked: Were we watching the same debate? I don't think she actually answered a single question. She just regurgitated a bunch of BS that the republicans made her memorize over the past week of debate "boot camp".

I'm watching Pat Buchanan go nuts right now about how "good" she was.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
:shocked: Were we watching the same debate? I don't think she actually answered a single question. She just regurgitated a bunch of BS that the republicans made her memorize over the past week of debate "boot camp".

I'm watching Pat Buchanan go nuts right now about how "good" she was.
This happens after every debate. Of course, she didn't have a total meltdown, it is indeed a "victory" on some level, but both sides always claim victory no matter what the hell happens. You sound surprised.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I'm ashamed of my state. The girl didn't answer one question and yet according to a poll on channel 7 news in MA, 59% thought Palin won, WTF?????