Quantcast

VVV - Sat 9/23 - VVV

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
32 miles at Kingdom Trails yesterday. 3600' of climbing. My legs are achy today, but it will be all day riding again.

It's weird that the palms of my gloves spell "ILLCHI." Also, HandUp gloves are of questionable quality.

380821642_10167773331035521_6682772087790717171_n.jpg

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did some gardening expanding the rhododendron section to give more space to a large plant and close a hole in my wall of green facing the street. Hoping rain will clear up for a bike ride later.

Face look pretty battered from the kill damaged cells treatment the other day but I was warned.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
>:(

FML. Last thing to be done before the sale of the house was a chimney inspection I volunteered to have done, above and beyond the scope of the normal house inspection. You can probably guess how that went. He says the flue and liner are fine but the exterior rockwork is a 6-7 thousand dollar safety hazard. And now, I can't even get the guy who did the inspection to get back to me with a detailed invoice or to even answer his phone or texts. Every other chimney sweep/inspector is 2-4 weeks out and we're supposed to close on Wednesday. This whole process is hanging on what this guy will put to paper and hes fucking ghosting me. I can't sleep and am vaguely nauseous. :rant:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was going to get very high, but going to have to delay to tomorrow as I don't want to be at 12,500 with 40mph gusts. Below is for Breck which is at ~9600ft, so it would be colder and windier up on top of the Tenmile mountain range.

1695472256928.png

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

It's God damn delightful out this morning. Cool and crisp with the threat of rain. Taking the dog for a walk now, will go pick apples in a bit.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the van smelled like two days worth of boxed farts and all it has been doing is raining so...

morning view...

20230923_072320.jpg

sun is out....might go to glacier today....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

FML. Last thing to be done before the sale of the house was a chimney inspection I volunteered to have done, above and beyond the scope of the normal house inspection. You can probably guess how that went. He says the flue and liner are fine but the exterior rockwork is a 6-7 thousand dollar safety hazard. And now, I can't even get the guy who did the inspection to get back to me with a detailed invoice or to even answer his phone or texts. Every other chimney sweep/inspector is 2-4 weeks out and we're supposed to close on Wednesday. This whole process is hanging on what this guy will put to paper and hes fucking ghosting me. I can't sleep and am vaguely nauseous. :rant:
just explain problem to new owner...subtract 10k and call it a day...?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Let's get some racing on.

Teammate who Haley decided to get Cole Trickle with at the last state race is right next to us again. We were earlier and he was pretty clear about how he thinks that they can work together to to go after the podium. Let's see how they do.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hi ppls

smol child + wife have the sniffling and sneezing sickness. former tested negative yesterday at least.

elder child has a string ensemble retreat on south side of town so there is shuttling her about involved. shall work in some moonlighting, Powerball ticket purchasing, and mounting up of sundry Chinese solar powered LED exterior lights in the day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

you guys still have home inspections for sales out there?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Let's get some racing on.

Teammate who Haley decided to get Cole Trickle with at the last state race is right next to us again. We were earlier and he was pretty clear about how he thinks that they can work together to to go after the podium. Let's see how they do.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Sounds like dude smelled a check and embellished the situation, with you in a timeline/desperate moment.

Fuckem

The kiddos are fighting illness. The tendonitis in my thumb sucks.

All the spiders are trying to get inside. Must mean the weathers changing.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
you guys still have home inspections for sales out there?
They are back in vogue now that real estate has cooled somewhat. I'm of the opinion that only a complete fucking moron buys a home without an inspection, no matter how hot the market is

Sounds like dude smelled a check and embellished the situation, with you in a timeline/desperate moment.

Fuckem
This is my opinion as well. Still waiting to hear back from the buyer, but if it's anything other than "we don't care", I'm definitely seeking another opinion. I'll be sweating blood if we do it, but we still have the option of a HELOC if this sale falls through and another offer on this place of "please let us know if it falls through". So I'm not entirely swinging in the breeze here. The timing is certainly unfortunate, but I may be willing to die on this hill.

Edit to add; and if this guy is trying to soak me, he's doing a shitty job because I can't even get him to answer his phone or return a message. For all he knows I'm trying to schedule the repair.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They are back in vogue now that real estate has cooled somewhat. I'm of the opinion that only a complete fucking moron buys a home without an inspection, no matter how hot the market is

This is my opinion as well. Still waiting to hear back from the buyer, but if it's anything other than "we don't care", I'm definitely seeking another opinion. I'll be sweating blood if we do it, but we still have the option of a HELOC if this sale falls through and another offer on this place of "please let us know if it falls through". So I'm not entirely swinging in the breeze here. The timing is certainly unfortunate, but I may be willing to die on this hill.

Edit to add; and if this guy is trying to soak me, he's doing a shitty job because I can't even get him to answer his phone or return a message. For all he knows I'm trying to schedule the repair.

When I was buying it was rare to be able to inspect a house. I paid for one on the first house I made an offer on, followed the guy around to see what he did, then basically did my own inspections after that. Yeah your not supposed to show up at a viewing with a ladder and a bag of tools, but when you do it at 10:00PM no one notices.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
after driving this express van around....i think i would rater pop the top on one of these or a ford 15 passenger van than buy a transit or a sprinter...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
When I was buying it was rare to be able to inspect a house. I paid for one on the first house I made an offer on, followed the guy around to see what he did, then basically did my own inspections after that. Yeah your not supposed to show up at a viewing with a ladder and a bag of tools, but when you do it at 10:00PM no one notices.
Got a home inspection on the first joint and had a buncha stuff go wrong that shoulda been caught. Second time around, we didn't get an inspection and did our own due diligence and haven't had any surprises. Of course, that's purely anecdotal and a sample size of two does not make a trend.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode, no energy.

Wanted to take a nap when I got home.

Nope, walked in and found the cat I'm hunt mode, waiting for something behind a shelf. There is a chipmunk in the house.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
PXL_20230923_203015888~2.jpg

Watching videos and analyzing data between practice sessions.

PXL_20230923_185954164~2.jpg

Waiting to go out for her last practice.