Quantcast

Waffle House Wedding..

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
If they had a broken down down Trans-Am and a double-wide in that parking lot, then it's safe to say that they would have hit on every single red-neck stereotype known to man.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
If they had a broken down down Trans-Am and a double-wide in that parking lot, then it's safe to say that they would have hit on every single red-neck stereotype known to man.
You forgot about the rusty broken appliances. I think you need at least three to qualify.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Touché

If said appliances are nearly invisible due to the un-mowed grass, then you have achieved the crowing jewel. That might be tough to pull off in a parking lot though...

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Ahem. As a person that was born and raised in the heart of the South, let me be specifically and as technically clear as I can be on this.

There is a world of difference, believe it or not, between redneck and plain white trash.

Judge the link and slideshow for yourself...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Ahem. As a person that was born and raised in the heart of the South, let me be specifically and as technically clear as I can be on this.

There is a world of difference, believe it or not, between redneck and plain white trash.

Judge the link and slideshow for yourself...
I'd argue that redneck is simply a specific genre of white trash.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
You have it backwards. The white trash is a sub-genus of standard redneck.
Absolutely not. There are several different kinds of white trash, some that are a far cry from redneck. If you are a redneck, you are white trash, but just because you are white trash doesn't automatically put you in the redneck category. I can venn diagram this for you, if a visual will help.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Absolutely not. There are several different kinds of white trash, some that are a far cry from redneck. If you are a redneck, you are white trash, but just because you are white trash doesn't automatically put you in the redneck category. I can venn diagram this for you, if a visual will help.
I respectfully disagree. Just because you are a redneck, does NOT automatically make you white trash. That's like saying every black dude is a baggy pants crack dealer.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I respectfully disagree. Just because you are a redneck, does NOT automatically make you white trash. That's like saying every black dude is a baggy pants crack dealer.
Isn't a redneck just a piece of white trash who takes pride in being white trash?

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
A two day honeymoon, I'd say that is the probably the worst honeymoon every but you probably can't afford much else on Waffle House wages.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
The people in those photos are such exact stereotypes that it almost seems staged.
Except that I grew up around people like that...
So I know they are real.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
OK, not to distract from the lovely couple nuptials, let me explain myself a bit:

Redneck as a culture thing means to me that I prefer the 'country' lifestyle of living. i.e. rather grill out with a cooler full of good beer out back on a lake somewhere; proud of my southern heritage; the fact that there are certain values I have as a 'redneck' southerner, I say m'aam and sir, respect my elders, treat people nicely, etc.

I do not own a trailer, or have cars on blocks, a coon dog on the porch, nor do I beat my wife, smoke Pall Malls or Winstons, drink nothing but Coors Light, nor do I hate any particular race or breed of people other than the stupid, arrogant and ignorant.

Trying to pin a certain behavior or sterotype on 'redneck' to me is like trying to pin down a certain behavior or sterotype on a 'yankee'. I know that not ALL people from north of Virginia talk like New Yorkers, are rude, cold and always in a hurry nor do they all have such tight assed opinions about everything in the world that they assume everyone else is wrong.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yeah a culture of cheap beer, professional wrestling, high rates of child sexual molestation and NASCAR. Great.
You forget that us ignorant hick rednecks don't like Catholics?

Everything else is about par. I do enjoy a good NASCAR race. Cheap beer? Ever been to a cross race and watched the messenger wannabes chugging PBR??

'Rasslin ain't no worse low brow entertainment drivvle than "I Survived A Japanese Game Show" or America's Got Talent...

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
No, a 'country' lifestyle and a redneck lifestyle are not the same thing. Sorry you're confused there.
Maybe I'm confused to what you guys consider redneck.

Jesse Helms wasn't a redneck, he was a jackass racist.

Larry the Cable guy is a redneck.

The people in the Waffle house wedding are white trash.

Where I'm from (northeastern Ga./east Texas) we considered good ol boys out duck hunting, spittin' Copenhagen, muddin' 4x4s as rednecks.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Maybe I'm confused to what you guys consider redneck.

Jesse Helms wasn't a redneck, he was a jackass racist.

Larry the Cable guy is a redneck.

The people in the Waffle house wedding are white trash.

Where I'm from (northeastern Ga./east Texas) we considered good ol boys out duck hunting, spittin' Copenhagen, muddin' 4x4s as rednecks.
Here, let's compromise.

Redneck = White trash with 4X4s and racist tendencies.