Quantcast

Wake the F@ck Up Monday

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Not sure why I’m up but I am. Gonna get one more ride in before rain decides to ruin the next few days…what ya got?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Awake. Hannah is coughing in her room but hasn't come down yet. First day with the new job.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No internet still, courtesy of lightning strike yesterday.

This makes actually doing work tricky. Couldn't get a service appointment until Thursday from Xfinity. Might have to go steal wifi from someone, rather than trying to tether for three days.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work and its raining. Thats all I have.

Towards the end of yesterday I had what can only be described as a debilitating headache. Thankfully that seems to all be gone this morning.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Felt kinda crappy yesterday - general ache, super tired, headache. Better this morning after a benadryl and acetaminophen aided good sleep.

Short easy ride and yard/garden stuff on tap for the day.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Strolled around the local arboretum with the wife yesterday. They've got over 300 species of trees and bushes in a fairly small area. So many fascinating examples.

And now it's back to the grind.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
still sore, right quad now hurts more than the hip. work is going to be oh so fun today. At least I am not doing gurneys.

Enjoying my espresso and hanging with the dogs for another hour before heading off to the highway to hell

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
another day where i wonder why i don't just quit
and for anyone wondering how bad its gotten (due to the "new" senior leadership that took over our group last year). we've had 10 people quit since the start of this year (and counting, i know at least 4 others actively interviewing elsewhere). that's on top of the 5 people from my group that were eliminated last year in the reorg. so 15 people total gone in the last year. that's more people in a year than in all the years prior combined since i started in 2012.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
and for anyone wondering how bad its gotten (due to the "new" senior leadership that took over our group last year). we've had 10 people quit since the start of this year (and counting, i know at least 4 others actively interviewing elsewhere). that's on top of the 5 people from my group that were eliminated last year in the reorg. so 15 people total gone in the last year. that's more people in a year than in all the years prior combined since i started in 2012.
So when's the pizza party and team building exercise?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh shit. I didn't realize it was that bad.
there's rumors that the 2 individuals that came in last year - and messed everything up - are about to be forced out, and we're about to go through another re-org. lasted less than 6 months. in my business that is an astonishingly short turnaround. from what i've heard the jump in attrition rate for our group has gotten HR's attention too.

1715617690690.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

updated a web app of mine

got a ridiculously high quote on a(n elective) water heater replacement

bought plates for the Busy Forks, entirely online (!)

shall read some on the Kindle forthwith, methinks, perhaps from hot tub

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Germtube Monday.

Soooo over work travel, bc people kinda suck.

ETA: Oh, jeebus. Plane is falling apart already and we haven’t even pushed back from the gate…maintenance yayhoos are scurrying around up front…

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
there's rumors that the 2 individuals that came in last year - and messed everything up - are about to be forced out, and we're about to go through another re-org. lasted less than 6 months. in my business that is an astonishingly short turnaround. from what i've heard the jump in attrition rate for our group has gotten HR's attention too.

View attachment 211683
I wish this place would get re-orged. I'm definitely ready to take my chances with the devil I don't know.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Cable support phoned and suggest I go get a new CM from the store.

Wasted an hour doing that, it doesn't have an upstream connection either and the new POS only has two switch ports, old one had four and I used three of them.

Nice work Comcast...