Quantcast

Wallride Build

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
i am beggining a new jump line in the woods i found. pretty cool. it was like an old motorcross track downhill they dug and dug dirt, piles scattering the woods in a few lines. it seems the original builders lost interest. Here i come in in. reshape the mound of dirt into jumps. make some lines, add some wood drops and berms and itll be awesome. best off the it leads to the road so i can hike up. long story short its a nice place, but I really want to know how to build wallrides. I have the basic principle down, take 2by 4s or some short of wood. cut it short and stack it next to each in a curve on a steep angle. but what should i use to support these pieces of wood . even dug into the ground if i rip the berm hard enough the would wil just flop over. any technique as to how to support the wood? thanks

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
I believe ther is a thread with stuff people have built. Its a really big thread and should have lots of pictures of wallrides

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
I dont think there is 1 way to build a wall ride. I have a small one I put into my trail cause I found a tree leaning at just the right angle and there really wasnt much else I could do with this section, flat and lack of speed for a jump. The wall can be vertical, lean to 45, be curved, ride-in and jump-out etc. Be carefull when you build it and make sure you have your entry angle speed dialed. I am scouting for a big one now but the trees are packed together on my trail, I have 2 spots on the trail I am considering.

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
I dont think there is 1 way to build a wall ride. I have a small one I put into my trail cause I found a tree leaning at just the right angle and there really wasnt much else I could do with this section, flat and lack of speed for a jump. The wall can be vertical, lean to 45, be curved, ride-in and jump-out etc. Be carefull when you build it and make sure you have your entry angle speed dialed. I am scouting for a big one now but the trees are packed together on my trail, I have 2 spots on the trail I am considering.
Ya I got all that planned. Seems as if a wood berm in a way is going to be difficult to build. So we have found some pictures of how to build it and are set I think. Found a place for a jump on drop off too. But were going to build a wallride thats maybe 10 feet long to start out of plywood and 2 by 4a

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Think of it like a curved ladder bridge, that is flipped on its side. Then you have to figure out a way to hold it there. I know it sounds overly simplistic, but use what's available to you, make stringers and stretchers, then any supports you need to make it work. Good luck!
PS a good curve will hold you up on the wall longer.

DhUrbaner

Chimp
Oct 9, 2006
If you need anymore help with the trail, I live in the area and would give you a hand. I have tools as well!