Votes: 0 0.0%
  • super extreme booty fab, :D :D

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
Sorry if this is the wrong fourm, as i do like downhill, and i like to go flying down the mt. anyway,
I blew out my crap shock on my crap bike. So, i said F it. so i booty fabed up a rear shock set up using some cheap shock off ebay. the orignal shock was some weird set up from cannondale. now, its just a normal shock. please tell me how booty fab it is :D
its extreeeem :D
also, how long do you think this crap will hold up to some over weight monkee riding on it :D some of the welds look like crap, but its because i went over the welds like 3 times :D
yea, this bike has been through hell and back, and i just needed it to make it through next weekend. and then i am off to find a new bike. :D

Shane

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
i dont know what booty fab means, but thats as ghetto as a 300lbs black man in gold exercise outfit crusing down a main thuroughfare on a chromed out 50cc mini crotch-rocket (ive actually seen this, funny stuff, its the definition of ghetto)

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Sketchy bro. Very sketchy. And btw, that's what most of us (meaning me) would call ghetto rigged. Booty fab sounds like it might be something good (which it's definitely NOT). Good luck with that death contraption though.

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
oh its super scetchy, but o so fun. i do konw that there is zero deflection when messing with it. i was doing some stairs and it seemed stable, but that 1250 spring barly holds me also, the geometry is all wrong too :D
oh, and to me, booty fab = crappy fab too. i just hope it lasts a weekend, then the frame is for sale, and everything i did, is total reversble, everything uses stock holes. :D
Shane (king of booty fab)
www.camotoy.com

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
no typo. i already said i was a fat ass :D 6'2" 230lbs :D
the lbs spring is not really anything, its all in the way its set up. if it was streight up and down, then it would be way too much for me. but the way it is put in the bike, its still a little soft.
Shane

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by paranoid56
no typo. i already said i was a fat ass :D 6'2" 230lbs :D
the lbs spring is not really anything, its all in the way its set up. if it was streight up and down, then it would be way too much for me. but the way it is put in the bike, its still a little soft.
Shane
im running a 650 and im 190 and it feels stiff for me, and my bike for sure cranks out more leverage than yours too. comething just isnt right with that number

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
well thats just what is stamped on the shock, and thats what the ebay add said, but what do you get for a 10buck shock. over all, it rides like crap :D ,but much better then the solid rod i had it there, that old shock, was impossable to find.
Shane

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
6'2" and 230 lbs isn't fat. Not scrawny by any means, but certainly not obese. There now, don't you feel better?

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
i was gonna vote, but couldn't figure out which was the worst on your scale?

anyway, I wouldn't expect those water bottle mounts to last long-

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
That's awesome :D great use of scrap metal and a welder, I just hope that thing doesn't explode on you this weekend. Oh and I wouldn't risk selling it to anyone, that bike is a liability waiting to happen in anyone else's hands.

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Don't be so hard on the guy. Arent' you the least bit curious how it'll turn out? You all scared away the IH linkage guy already. This guy might be on to something here. :rolleyes:

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
gezz, thanks for all the great ideas :D
As for the water bottle screws holding, they might. There is not a lot of force on those; the main force load is on that front bar that is attached to the frame.

As for reselling it, I will, but all that booty fab will come off. and the stock blown shock will be put back on (and I will say its blown on the eBay ad too :D )

Oh, the rim brakes, well, that bad boy on the rear is a hydraulic rim brake, lots of stopping force, now that front mechanical disk is crap. It doesn’t work worth a crap. And I spend a crap load one those bad boys, almost like 25 bucks for the set :D

I wonder if I should just build a frame from scratch. sch 40 pipe should work nicely, sure it will weigh about 150lbs, but damn strong :D

Keep you comments coming.
I will take pics after this weekend, to show the damage on either the bike, or my self, good thing I have great heath care :D

Shane

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
you wanna go ride with me this weekend? I'd like to make a photo commentary of your disaster if at all possible. Where are you riding, the boardwalk, that should be safe, noble canyon, san juan, anderson, lake moreno would be suicide.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Originally posted by Damn True
How's your health insurance?

Seriously, it looks pretty dangerous. But what the heck do I know, I'm just an arrogant racer.:rolleyes:
wait, wait, let me try out my new polite racer attitude: Ummm, nice bike but I wouldn't ride it??

damn. :mad: I keep screwing that up.

;)
dante

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
ahh, it will be easy riding up in the scycoya nat forest. nothing major, just riding with friends one flat ground.

So, it looks like everybody will say it will fail. :D
all this positive attuide is great :D

I konw it looks stetchy, but thats who i am. I also build things like this (but spent a whole lot more time on) :D
Shane

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Originally posted by dante
wait, wait, let me try out my new polite racer attitude: Ummm, nice bike but I wouldn't ride it??

damn. :mad: I keep screwing that up.

;)
dante
you forgot this thing has bad geometry, it's heavy and it's big pogo-stick with no compression or rebound damping. :D

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
ahh, thats such a great site, i have been looking at crap like that for years. in my truck where i have people riding with me, and if i had crap steering i would be endangering everybody. my truck is set up right and built right. no booty fab on that, from the full cage, to the air lockers in the alxes.

So, which bike would you guys recoment i start saving my money for? :D
Shane
Originally posted by Sideways
I assume your work is also featured at scary steering.com
Dude, put the torch down.....or at pull it away from that glass pipe.

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
Nope, i already said that :D its not just bad geometry, its just plain wrong :D hence the word booty fab :D
Shane
Originally posted by ChrisRobin
you forgot this thing has bad geometry, it's heavy and it's big pogo-stick with no compression or rebound damping. :D

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by paranoid56

I wonder if I should just build a frame from scratch. sch 40 pipe should work nicely, sure it will weigh about 150lbs, but damn strong :D

Why stop there? Maybe sch 80 would be better!
nice truck bwt, I used to be into the rock crawers.